What's new

Any Info on Open Comb Razors made by D. Corrado Inc.?

Hi, all.

I found a great little travel razor today: four-piece razor (two-piece handle and two-piece head), double-edge, open comb travel razor in it's own small silver case. The razor appears to never have been used.

The bottom of the razor says:

D. Corrado, Inc. Chicago
Made In Germany

I've done some research and haven't been able to find any info on this company or razors made by them.

Any info or suggestions for further research is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Brent,

I know the travel razor you are referring to--I have one like it! The D. Corrado brand was used on DOVO razors and sold in our stores from the early 40's to early 60's.

My Grandfather started D. Corrado Cutlery in Chicago in 1905 and it remained in the family until my father sold the business in the mid-1980s. He was friends with the founders of DOVO company, Mr. Dorp and Mr. Voos. After the second World War, may father and uncle ran Corrado Cutlery company and whenever Fritz Bracht then the president of DOVO was in town, he would stop by our store to visit. Back in the day, we were one of the leading distributors and retailers of DOVO products in the US. They would stamp-in our D. Corrado brand or Shield brand at their manufacturing plant in Soligen, Germany and drop-ship to us in Chicago.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
K. Corrado

Hi Brent,

I know the travel razor you are referring to--I have one like it! The D. Corrado brand was used on DOVO razors and sold in our stores from the early 40's to early 60's.

My Grandfather started D. Corrado Cutlery in Chicago in 1905 and it remained in the family until my father sold the business in the mid-1980s. He was friends with the founders of DOVO company, Mr. Dorp and Mr. Voos. After the second World War, may father and uncle ran Corrado Cutlery company and whenever Fritz Bracht then the president of DOVO was in town, he would stop by our store to visit. Back in the day, we were one of the leading distributors and retailers of DOVO products in the US. They would stamp-in our D. Corrado brand or Shield brand at their manufacturing plant in Soligen, Germany and drop-ship to us in Chicago.

Regards,
K. Corrado

Welcome to B&B! Very interesting insight. I am always looking to learn of these type of facts.

Is the travel set similar to this? If so, there were dozens of branded versions of this very set originating from Germany for several years.

proxy.php

Hi Brent,

Regards,
K. Corrado

Wow, this is too cool! Welcome to B&B!

Wow that is wickedly awesome that you joined just as someone was asking about these.

And that travel razor is equally cool. That box looks pretty tiny.

Actually, I have the same model but in a leather travel case. Yours is much nicer in the silver box!

I have some other interesting miscellaneous razors that I'll have to photograph and post.

Regards,
K. Corrado

Top Bottom