What's new

Any Ginger Ale fans?

We've been drinking Reeds, but the home made ginger syrup is going to supplant it. Taste is as good, probably better, and the cost savings is tremendous.

Cool. If you are daring you might want to give the celery syrup a go...much tastier than it sounds.

I love Blenheim, Gosling's, **** and Bull, and Ginger People ginger beers. I personally don't like Jamaican ginger ales. They are too flowery for my taste. Triple Ginger Brew from Trader Joe's is excellent stuff though. Not quite as spicy as I like, but it's good and with just a little floral hint to it.

I really want to try Buffalo Rock. Hopefully I can find it somewhere.

I prefer ginger beers over ales though. I mean I'll drink Canada Dry, but I'll also drink Sprite with a dash of agostura. Same thing basically.

Blenheim is best, definitely. Of course, I'm a South Carolinian. Reed's is good, too, Ginger People stuff is really good.

The one time I bought Vernor's I poured it down the sink after taking a couple of sips.

I do enjoy a jameson and ginger ale with a splash of bitters. If you have not tried it I would say it is worth trying.

make your own ginger syrup with fresh ginger root and cane sugar (your choice of sweetener) and use a soda stream for carbonation

Bundaberg ginger beer was pretty good the few times I tried it.
Trader Joe's was actually producing/carrying a ginger beer that had great ginger flavor and a perfect amount of sweetness (a little but not cloying). I haven't seen it the last couple times I've been shopping so it might be over with by now
$download.jpg

I love ginger ale but I only drink the ones that do not have HFCS. Reed's and Blue Sky do not put HFCS in their ginger ale. I like my Shirley temple made with Ginger ale rather than modern 7 up

Made the celery syrup. It's awesome!

Excellent. I have found the celery soda works well with herbaceous gins. Another recipe that sounds promising but haven't been able to sample yet is a cocktail of Aquavit and celery soda, garnished with celery and cucumber.

Although I am a Vernors fan, in my youth back in Cleveland Ohio the old Cleveland Indians with Ray Fosse and Company were sponsored in advertising by Cotton Club Ginger Ale, they had a spokesperson for commercials called Big Ginger. Anyone recall those commercials? The Ginger Ale was great or was it just because Big Ginger drank it?

I stopped in the town of Tappannock, Va. and was served a local favorite,
Carvers Ginger Ale, it was pretty good. I could go for one now.

Top Bottom