Over the weekend we had a wait to get a table at a local restaurant. So, my wife and I sat at the bar. I saw the bartender make a drink with tequila and ginger ale. I tried it and found it to be surprisingly refreshing on a hot evening. The bartender's recipe was:
- Cut a lime into four pieces. Rub the rim of a tall glass with one piece of lime and dip the glass in salt.
- Squeeze two of the pieces of lime into the glass.
- Add 1 1/2 ounces of amber or gold tequila to the glass.
- Add ice cubes about 3/4 of the way up to the top.
- Top off with ginger ale and use the remaining piece of lime as a garnish.
- Gently stir and enjoy.