What's new

Any Ginger Ale fans?

I like both ginger beer and ginger ale, on their own or in a mixed drink.

Out here, particularly in Singapore and Hong Kong clubs frequented by expats they make a drink called a "gunner", equal parts ginger beer and ginger ale with a dash of Angostura bitters. Very refreshing. In HK, the Foreign Correspondents' Club does the best one, here in Singers the Cricket Club's version is best, in a pint mug.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Vernor's was the stuff 'to die for' back when I was a young pup in the 70's and still is the 'one for me'! As a original Michigander, Vernor's was the stuff all other ginger ale's tried to copy. Great alone or for mixing, but a word of warning...if you drank it too fast...it would tickle / sting (because of high C02 & ginger intensity), one’s nose!
proxy.php

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

proxy.php
"It's what we drink around here". Vernors Slogan

PS Do you remember your Mom giving hot Vernor's during the Winter...great for colds & chills (no hot tea in our house)...simply bliss because I still use this remedy.
:thumbsup:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
First time I saw Vernor's was when my wife was feeling bad and I took her to Kaiser.
She was a little out of it and was clutching a bottle of Vernor's like it was the Hope Diamond.
The nurses kept asking what it was (likely thinking it was beer).

I don't know where she got it... likely the 99c store, Big Lots, or one of the other deep-discount/overstock type stores.

I don't usually mix bourbon with soda anymore but ginger ale with Jack Daniels or Makers Mark was always my preference over cola. It seemed to accompany the flavor of the whisky as opposed to covering it up like cola does.

Love ginger ale - just tried **** 'n Bull at a local bar this weekend: http://www.amazon.com/****-Bull-Ginger-Beer/dp/B008DH0UCU

Also, if you love ginger ale, seriously consider ginger-honey tea when it's cold (also great for heartburn).

I can't believe there is a thread on Ginger Ale, and Blenheim hasn't been mentioned! If you haven't had it, you will likely have to make a trip to SC. The "hot" version will literally light you on fire. They bottle a mild version as well for the faint of heart. Great by itself, or put a splash into your bourbon.

I like ginger ale, but not a fan of Verners. It's the creamy aspect. Some like that, but it's not my taste. I've got to get an Ale8One next time I'm in KY. And if I ever see the Blenheim, I'll get some of it as well. I've got friends in SC. Perhaps I need to put in an order.....

grew up in MI, raised on Vernors. Makes a very good sub for coke in a rum & coke. I like it spicy with tattoo or krakken. depending on mood, i'll throw in a dash of bitters or a TB of maraschino cherry juice.

Doesn't go well with coconut or other flavored rums, though. ymmv, but probably not. :)

reeds ginger beer, the extra ginger especially, is one of my favorite beverages. It also has real ginger and is always in the car on roadtrips as I get carsick without it.

Vendors or Canada dry are good too... in a pinch.

I do like to make my own fermented version. Very little alc, just for carbonation.

We've been drinking Reeds, but the home made ginger syrup is going to supplant it. Taste is as good, probably better, and the cost savings is tremendous.

Top Bottom