What's new

Another Wolfman?!?! Yes but, a Bronze Guerilla.....

Shaved face and dome this morning. The .99 Guerilla provided an exceptional 1 pass shave with touch-ups. Unbelievable comfort and efficiency.

20231123_123022.jpg

Came back to the Bronze Guerilla after some shaves with the Osprey. Picked right up where I left off. Just an excellent 3 pass shave with the .84 that borders on near mindless strokes of easy smoothness yet plenty of efficiency to tackle a few days worth of whiskers.

Quite a few consider the Guerilla as an entry level razor from the Wolfman ranks for those that want to test the waters before jumping all in. I can tell you with definitive opinion & experience having sampled a few WR1’s in my journey, this is no 2nd tier razor regardless of what anyone tells you. Looks might be a bit simplified with a sort of retro industrial vibe going on but, rest assured that this razor shaves as good as any Wolfman offering that is comparable to this razors shaving attributes & qualities within said house. In my opinion from the .69 - .99 gap base plate options there is more than enough range to satisfy the far majority of wet shavers out there minus the high performance shave chasers that need & prefer absolute blade feel and efficiency over comfort and smoothness but, the kicker here is that the Guerilla delivers better than average efficiency especially once the .99 gap plate comes into play.

Is the Guerilla a potential workhorse for the Wolfman name & brand? More importantly can it be the workhorse for the everyday shaver that can give a rats a** about bling, shiny and “Oh! I can see my pearly whites off of the top cap and everywhere else” on their high polished WR1/2? Absolutely and without reservation. This is a damn good razor in whatever alloy (or color in Aluminum only for now) tickles your fancy. A little more $$$ than some of the other artisan brand makers but, in my humble opinion worth every single penny spent.

On the fence about a Wolfman product and don’t want to wait until the next passing of Haley’s Comet? The Guerilla is as good a place as any to get your Wolfman curiosity fed as one will feel the quality and receive a world class Wolfman shave. From there, all hell can break loose by the Wolfman RAD bug if one is bit by it. I’m cool with both my Guerilla’s and need not go any further.

But, YOU might have a problem. Then again, it’s only money. :letterk1:

Great shaves to all…..

9A6D3527-F556-46A6-9915-E5E032D8B789.jpeg

Came back to the Bronze Guerilla after some shaves with the Osprey. Picked right up where I left off. Just an excellent 3 pass shave with the .84 that borders on near mindless strokes of easy smoothness yet plenty of efficiency to tackle a few days worth of whiskers.

Quite a few consider the Guerilla as an entry level razor from the Wolfman ranks for those that want to test the waters before jumping all in. I can tell you with definitive opinion & experience having sampled a few WR1’s in my journey, this is no 2nd tier razor regardless of what anyone tells you. Looks might be a bit simplified with a sort of retro industrial vibe going on but, rest assured that this razor shaves as good as any Wolfman offering that is comparable to this razors shaving attributes & qualities within said house. In my opinion from the .69 - .99 gap base plate options there is more than enough range to satisfy the far majority of wet shavers out there minus the high performance shave chasers that need & prefer absolute blade feel and efficiency over comfort and smoothness but, the kicker here is that the Guerilla delivers better than average efficiency especially once the .99 gap plate comes into play.

Is the Guerilla a potential workhorse for the Wolfman name & brand? More importantly can it be the workhorse for the everyday shaver that can give a rats a** about bling, shiny and “Oh! I can see my pearly whites off of the top cap and everywhere else” on their high polished WR1/2? Absolutely and without reservation. This is a damn good razor in whatever alloy (or color in Aluminum only for now) tickles your fancy. A little more $$$ than some of the other artisan brand makers but, in my humble opinion worth every single penny spent.

On the fence about a Wolfman product and don’t want to wait until the next passing of Haley’s Comet? The Guerilla is as good a place as any to get your Wolfman curiosity fed as one will feel the quality and receive a world class Wolfman shave. From there, all hell can break loose by the Wolfman RAD bug if one is bit by it. I’m cool with both my Guerilla’s and need not go any further.

But, YOU might have a problem. Then again, it’s only money. :letterk1:

Great shaves to all…..

View attachment 1757590
The stainless one is roughly half the cost of a basic stainless Wolfman. That's a fair price in my book considering it's made by the same person. I know this one is more automated in terms of manufacturing but I'm certain that it gets their blessing before it leaves the shop.
I wouldn't expect any less from Wolfman!
I'll be getting one at some point (a stainless one)

Last edited:
For me the questions is if there is Guerrilla plate similar to WR2 0,95 SB but it looks Guerilla is more like WR1. Am I right or wrong?

I have a few WR1 and WR2 razors already but curious to try the Guerilla .99 OC. I'll have to email Tara to see if James can do a solid Bronze handle as I'd prefer the extra weight. To those on the fence the Guerilla is only about $150 USD less than a WR1 in Bronze. I'm super happy with my 1.20OC/1.25SB WR1 in Bronze but would consider the Guerilla in Bronze

I have a few WR1 and WR2 razors already but curious to try the Guerilla .99 OC. I'll have to email Tara to see if James can do a solid Bronze handle as I'd prefer the extra weight. To those on the fence the Guerilla is only about $150 USD less than a WR1 in Bronze. I'm super happy with my 1.20OC/1.25SB WR1 in Bronze but would consider the Guerilla in Bronze
Tara did mention James could make the original guerrilla handles solid instead of the standard hollow, but it would be a custom order. Decisions decisions.

Do you mean the 2017 handles by original or the new steel/bronze versions? I could do with a replacement cap for one of my old Guerrillas.

The Guerrilla handle is my only hollow handle and is well balanced.

Do you mean the 2017 handles by original or the new steel/bronze versions? I could do with a replacement cap for one of my old Guerrillas.

The Guerrilla handle is my only hollow handle and is well balanced.
On the first page of this thread you posted a picture of an open comb Guerrilla with 8 teeth. Seems like the current version has 12 teeth. I just didn't know the original 2017 version was even offered in open comb. If it's not the original v1 version then I'm really confused.

Seems that James has redesigned the open comb. Mine is the original which was offered with both SB and OC plates.

Finish is different - brushed as opposed to the new matte.

Last edited:
I signed up for a custom Guerrilla. I should get a .99 in Bronze first but this way I'll take a risk venturing into the unknown. Thinking of OC/SB baseplate and 2 different gaps like my WR1. Probably could go to 1.25 OC / .99 SB, and solid handle brass Guerrilla handle. Not sure if they'll do the scalloped cap like the WR1/2 razors I have but I'll find out.

Read this and also Gus's thread on the Al Guerilla today. I own all four designs of the WR Wolfmans and am a definite fan of the brand. I've tried and disliked Al and Ti razors (Lupo and Carbon), but the Al Guerilla interests me. I like the look of the fat handle. I'm also a big fan of the Karve CB for the way that the blade drops on to those top cap posts and the liquid feel smoothness of the threads when screwing the razor together. If not my other Wolfmans it might be the Karve that would make this razor feel redundant in my collection, which is something I'm trying to avoid. I have no doubt that it's a superb razor and that army green is super cool.

Edit: Neglected to thank @GlazedBoker for his significant contributions here. Quite remarkable.

Last edited:
Definitely considering getting a bronze guerilla as my next razor. I love my cg level 2, which is brass. The guerilla seems like it might be the perfect bronze piece to add to my collection.

A comment reminded that the Lupo might serve as guide for blade gap choice. My current rotation of favorites favors the mindless: cg lvl 2, Masamune, sabre. Revisiting the Lupo with daily shaves has been great:

- started with aluminum, shave was comfortable and mostly carefree, not the closest but I wasn’t chasing it, razor seemed plenty efficient

- .72 stainless - great shave on this!

- .72 oc stainless - i read that on the wr1 the oc is often recommended. so i thought i would try the open comb of my .95/.72 dual comb. shave was fine but the open comb did not win me over, at least for daily shaving

-.72 sb, second shave with this one and wow! I remember this as being a nice razor but it is so comfortable and efficient, particularly it seems like it is equally at home both shallow and steep

Based on this, I will definitely go with the .69 safety bar. But still very much on the fence about the second baseplate: between the .84 (open comb?) and the mildest. I am leaning toward the .84 because it seems like I can handle the Lupo .72 as a dd.

I didnt like the open comb but maybe I would feel differently on a few days growth. Any thoughts on that?

Definitely considering getting a bronze guerilla as my next razor. I love my cg level 2, which is brass. The guerilla seems like it might be the perfect bronze piece to add to my collection.

A comment reminded that the Lupo might serve as guide for blade gap choice. My current rotation of favorites favors the mindless: cg lvl 2, Masamune, sabre. Revisiting the Lupo with daily shaves has been great:

- started with aluminum, shave was comfortable and mostly carefree, not the closest but I wasn’t chasing it, razor seemed plenty efficient

- .72 stainless - great shave on this!

- .72 oc stainless - i read that on the wr1 the oc is often recommended. so i thought i would try the open comb of my .95/.72 dual comb. shave was fine but the open comb did not win me over, at least for daily shaving

-.72 sb, second shave with this one and wow! I remember this as being a nice razor but it is so comfortable and efficient, particularly it seems like it is equally at home both shallow and steep

Based on this, I will definitely go with the .69 safety bar. But still very much on the fence about the second baseplate: between the .84 (open comb?) and the mildest. I am leaning toward the .84 because it seems like I can handle the Lupo .72 as a dd.

I didnt like the open comb but maybe I would feel differently on a few days growth. Any thoughts on that?

Get it in the .69 OC version. You won't regret it. It's just about as equal to the Lupo .72 SB but, slightly smoother.

Good luck & happy shaves...:shaving:

A delight to use in every aspect of the shave regime. What do I mean by that? Well, from the moment you pick it up in your hands the balance and feel is apparent of a quality shaving tool. The installation of a fresh new blade, the feel of screwing on the handle onto the top cap threaded stud feels like it’s turning on high precision bearings. That pinch or crunch of both plates stabilizing and supporting the blade with stern rigidity is a most sweet sound to my ears. When it comes to the actual shave itself, the feel on skin is simply fantastic with a rewarding and satisfying sound that proves it’s doing the work precisely as it was intended to do so. I know, it’s just shaving but, as a man who deals with precision tools and instruments on a daily basis one can appreciate the exactness, quality and precision that is felt from the moment you pick up a razor to the moment you set it down with a satisfying poop eating grin knowing it was a job very well done indeed.

Now, that goes for any shaving tool that uses quality control & assurance to make sure that a razor is up to specific standards by razor manufacturers and to certify that it’s within reasonable tolerance to be finalized and released for the wet shaving consumer. Other razors are produced in mass with cheaper materials at a much lower cost per razor and subsequently are much more affordable & accessible to the buying public across the globe. They still provide and execute on demand for a man or woman to get a great shave for minimal cash outlay. No harm and certainly nothing wrong with purchasing in the economical group as I have quite a few of very affordable razors and enjoy them just as much as the “luxury“ or “boutique” razors in my collection. However, I can’t explain to you in words what owning a high end razor made from an industrial grade alloy (stainless, brass-bronze, aluminum & titanium) with sufficient clarity or with verifiable data & numbers because it can’t be done. It’s a feeling of appreciation of that quality & workmanship that can not be passed on or described. It just has to be felt and experienced for one to at least marginally understand the thought process of said ownership. For an example that I think most can relate to, take a store bought cheesecake. It’s cheesecake that tastes pretty good, is easily attainable at a decent price so to speak and satisfies the need for something sweet & delicious for cheesecake lovers of course. Now, go to a world renown bakery that just specializes in just making a quality cheesecake that you ordered specifically to your wants and tastes and if it’s not readily available, they’ll get it made up and tell you it will be ready the next business day. The moment the first slice is cut and one places that first bite into your pie hole, it’s another level of cheesecake euphoria that only you and your tastebuds can perceive and rightly determine it to be a world class cheesecake and worth the cost. That’s somehow how I can describe the feeling and use of a regularly made razor vs the use of a precisely made “boutique” razor at a substantially higher cost.

Price discrepancy is a whole other bag and what one considers worthy or not is based primarily on one’s ideology of their personal economic beliefs and standards. In other words, there is no standard, just your own that should be tied in with your means of affordability and lifestyle.

The argument on what is the better way of acquiring, spending and using any specific shave tool will be an exhaustive debate that will ultimately achieve absolutely nothing for decades to come. Neither side of the cheap vs expensive dilemma will ever find a common ground that can be settled upon as it’s simply fruitless.

Point is, you live only once and when we leave this good Earth we take nothing with us to our graves. As men, we are for the most part simple creatures that take the most joy in the most simplistic of pleasures & activities. We protect, we care and we love those that matter to us the most. If you can do those 3 things, I’d say without much reservation you’ve lived a pretty good life and are a decent human being. Shaving is a requirement for most and a pleasure for some. One finds their razor that works and can live blissfully without another care or thought on acquiring another razor. But, if one can indulge for at least one high end, luxury, boutique or premium alloy shaving tool in their lifetime, I highly recommend one doing so if it is ever within their means to do so. Don’t order Filet mignon if your pockets only have Whopper designation. That’s being careless and not practical. Logic & common sense should be the norm in anything we seek to purchase. If it’s feasible though, there are plenty of excellent options out there to consider from the likes of Timeless, Blackland, Rocnel, Tatara, Wolfman, Lambda, Alpha Shaving, H&S, Carbon Shaving, Atelier Durdan, Aylsworth, Rockwell, Razorock and a few others that escape me at the moment. The one below is especially worthy of equal consideration as those mentioned previously, the Guerilla Bronze by Wolfman. No bling, nothing extravagantly shiny with a polish that rivals the brightness of the Sun. It’s a workmanlike look with a semi industrial look to it that sort of caters to the individual that loves quality tools like Snap-On, Armstrong and the once highly thought of Craftsman Tools. Designed perfectly with no extra frills, polish or visual aesthetics that bring nothing extra for its stated purpose. That purpose is to provide a more than just satisfactory shave but, also bring as an added bonus pride of ownership that will outlast one’s lifetime and if considered can be passed on to the next generation as part of an individual’s legacy. A Vintage Gillette can do that just as well and so can these artisan crafted masterpieces that will become classics & collectibles in the foreseeable future if not so for some of them already.

The Guerilla Series is designed to cater and fit any shaver that either wants, light, heavy, exotic, open comb or closed and varying options on gap sizes with impeccable scrutiny to tolerances & fitment. It’s not cheap by any stretch of the imagination but, I do consider it a worthy investment if one high end razor is the goal. For me it delivers on all points for my shaving needs.

Great shaves to all….

FB066976-4CE2-4210-91C1-2F9A8224323E.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom