What's new

Another Wolfman?!?! Yes but, a Bronze Guerilla.....

I know, I know!!! :facep:

But, hear me out on this one. As some of you already know, I acquired an Aluminum Guerilla in the Matte Black Anodized finish in the .99 gap configuration. It was sort of a revelation in that the light weight and gap with positive blade exposure proved to be an excellent shaver with equal amounts of smoothness & efficiency. I was so impressed that a week and change later, I ordered two additional base plates in .69 & .84 respectively just to try out how mild it can go and still deliver solid comfortable shaves. I was like Woo-Hoo! It's on baby! Sadly, I haven't even tried the other two additional base plates and I went on and put in an order for the Bronze Guerilla version. WHAT!?!?

chappelle-what.gif

The Aluminum version impressed me so much that I just had to try the Guerilla with a bit more weight & substance to it. Additionally, I love Bronze/Brass alloy shaving tools as it's my favorite alloy after Titanium. The Aluminum Guerilla is a banger Gents and really does deliver an excellent combination of smooth yet efficient performance that I think is unmatched in the lightweight DE world of shaving. Just my opinion but, I have some backing from fellow shave bro-hams @uptown & @gdawg55 as they also have found the Aluminum Guerilla to be a very good razor.

Looking forward to the Bronze version plus the extra weight and how it affects performance either on the plus or negative side. But, I truly don't see a downside to the extra grams and Wolfman has machined these razors to perfect tolerances. Plus, I don't have to wait a decade or two to get a quality razor from this boutique razor maker. :letterk1:

A few standard pics from the Wolfman site.
Stay tuned for this one.....

eMqdspA_1_1024x1024.jpg

OWMvCYs_1024x1024.jpg

CzgcOZk_1024x1024.jpg

R5pFjU4_1024x1024.jpg

Sqk1TQD_1024x1024.jpg

Gus, you gotta stop it....lol. Did you go with the 0.99 in the bronze?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on how the added weight effects the shave.

Tell me about it…. :facep:

Actually, I went with the .84 & .69 base plate options. I figured the extra weight of the razor will add a tiny bit more of blade feel. If not, it’s an option I could look into down the road. Plus, I can slip in the Aluminum.99 pate in there if I need the extra oomph before acquiring one in Bronze.

@GlazedBoker
Gus, you got it bad Amigo!! Can't wait to hear the shave report though. Congrats...

I know! :crying:
Thanks amigo.

@GlazedBoker Gus, really looking forward to this review. Congratulations on a great pick up!

Thank you brother...:thumbup1:

An absolutely beautiful finish in my opinion, congratulations on yielding to the temptation, my friend!

Women! Razors! Motorcycles! But, alas.....

patton-war.gif

Thanks bro-ham....:thumbup:
I also love heavy brass and bronze razors. Ugh. I must resist! 😜😎

Looking forward to your review.

Love Bronze/Brass as well. :001_tt1:

Great shaves to all...

But, hear me out on this one. As some of you already know, I acquired an Aluminum Guerilla in the Matte Black Anodized finish in the .99 gap configuration. It was sort of a revelation in that the light weight and gap with positive blade exposure proved to be an excellent shaver with equal amounts of smoothness & efficiency. I was so impressed that a week and change later, I ordered two additional base plates in .69 & .84 respectively just to try out how mild it can go and still deliver solid comfortable shaves. I was like Woo-Hoo! It's on baby! Sadly, I haven't even tried the other two additional base plates and I went on and put in an order for the Bronze Guerilla version. WHAT!?!?

View attachment 1733705

The Aluminum version impressed me so much that I just had to try the Guerilla with a bit more weight & substance to it. Additionally, I love Bronze/Brass alloy shaving tools as it's my favorite alloy after Titanium. The Aluminum Guerilla is a banger Gents and really does deliver an excellent combination of smooth yet efficient performance that I think is unmatched in the lightweight DE world of shaving. Just my opinion but, I have some backing from fellow shave bro-hams @uptown & @gdawg55 as they also have found the Aluminum Guerilla to be a very good razor.

Looking forward to the Bronze version plus the extra weight and how it affects performance either on the plus or negative side. But, I truly don't see a downside to the extra grams and Wolfman has machined these razors to perfect tolerances. Plus, I don't have to wait a decade or two to get a quality razor from this boutique razor maker. :letterk1:

View attachment 1733719
View attachment 1733715
View attachment 1733717
View attachment 1733723
View attachment 1733725

You are MY HERO!! Congratulations!! :a29::a29:

View attachment 1733705

View attachment 1733719
View attachment 1733715
View attachment 1733717
View attachment 1733723
View attachment 1733725

Pretty Cool.

It came in today and the look is completely up to par for what I was expecting. Weight and feel is fantastic as balance with the hallowed handle is right on the money for my particular tastes. Loaded a fresh Feather blade in the .69 base plate and it’s all set for tomorrow’s shave. Looking forward to this one.

A few pics below….

5FE6D588-2D66-4D3C-966B-789BD62021DE.jpeg

57EF81BB-5D4C-4254-BCA2-A9BEF9AD9E79.jpeg

0F2DF623-6E94-4436-BEC2-A67437CF2C67.jpeg

117959CA-4815-43C7-9C03-3C01F1C2961B.jpeg

A15D644C-BB0F-4580-A2CD-E8B84B5F7E85.jpeg

B6A3D110-4F70-416C-89F7-64E2AE9B0915.jpeg

306DC864-9F2C-4000-9604-F8B9431FE903.jpeg

5D794A47-FC28-4D98-9C56-826D1E28DFCE.jpeg

D4F9C50E-1B5F-4203-AC45-189A2C85FC10.jpeg

FF7386C3-795E-446C-A032-D21852D09EE2.jpeg

View attachment 1733705

View attachment 1733719
View attachment 1733715
View attachment 1733717
View attachment 1733723
View attachment 1733725
abraham-lincoln-2.jpg

Shave-bro-ham
16_abraham_lincoln.jpg

Unshave-bro-ham

Got it. I’m going to preface this by saying that I have enjoyed every shave that I’ve gotten from the Bronze Guerilla’s stablemate, the Aluminum Guerilla. Wonderfully smooth yet highly efficient with a featherweight touch but, it had/has plenty of punch to knock down whiskers from a day to a full week without missing a beat. It’s that good of a razor, period.

Now we have the Bronze Guerilla. It’s identical in shave geometry to the Aluminum version and is impeccably machined to exacting tolerances as practically all Wolfman Razors are. The Bronze though Gents, it takes that quality of feel and precision to another level. The heft, the look and the total feel brings the razor to the next level in high performance/luxury/world class look & ownership. The handle for one threads so smoothly and easily into the top cap stud that it’s almost fluid like, as if on ball bearings. The Karve Brass has a very similar feel to the Bronze Guerilla in that aspect. The locking of the blade pinched in between the top cap & plate gives that wonderful “crunch” sound when the blade is set and ready to go. The Bronze is obviously heavier than it’s Aluminum alternative but, the balance in hand makes it feel lighter than it really is. Balance point for me is about a finger width and a half below the razor head and is distributed along the whole length of the razor with perhaps a slight weight bias towards the head say 55/45. To me that’s just about perfect for how I like a razor to feel in my hands. It shows the smallest amount of blade tabs on each end just like the Aluminum variant which aids in placing & removing the blade with ease. The top cap blade alignment pins are not long as the base plate pin holes aren’t very deep but, they are precise with virtually no movement of the blade fore and aft once it has been placed in there. There is no difference visually to the Aluminum version once both razors are ready to go. Just the color, alloy and weight. The Bronze handle though smooth, offers a tactile feel to it that once wet and coated in suds & whiskers, I still felt plenty of grip and confident that it would not slip. Very similar to the Aluminum Guerilla, maybe a tad bit better on the Bronze.

I completed 3 passes of unadulterated shave bliss with the .69 plate and not a single issue to mention nor speak of. Glide on the skin with a Feather installed meeting the skin & suds was like sliding on oil. Blade feel was minimal yet the cutting ability paired with the smooth feel on the skin produced the utmost in comfortable and almost mindless strokes for every pass. I can really use the comparison of a hot knife through butter to practically describe what the Bronze Guerilla was doing. It went through the whiskers with ease and with just supreme comfort and confidence in the knowledge that precision & quality was at work during the shave. I can say that the weight and feel of alloy just brings a different dimension to the whole shave experience. It’s almost like an indulgence of having that soft serve sundae with the cherry on top and when you’re done, you just want more. That’s how this shave with the Bronze Guerilla felt like to me.

If the .69 gap was this good, I can only imagine how the .84 will feel like for the next shave. Tomorrow can’t get here fast enough. Wonderful shave that left the widest of grins on my face.

Great shaves to all…

CAAFC949-A97E-4221-956F-B87A95A4E281.jpeg

Top Bottom