Another non-facial shaving poll

Underarm manscaping ...

• BBS (baby butt smooth)

• Crew Cut

• Trimmed/just neatened up

• Natural/no manscaping

• Braided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Maybe we could get back on topic here... it's not about the "manliness" of any grooming habits. Take that to another thread if you wish to discuss it. Thank you.

Edit: seriously fellas, judging manliness by the amount of hair you have under your armpit is just laughable. That is pubertian talk. :lol:

Not to continue dragging this thread off-topic, but if we did judge manliness by underarm hair I'd be Grand Poobah. :biggrin:

That said, I'm definitely going to try trimming once the weather warms up. I don't care if I sweat, but sometimes the smell gets so bad I can barely stand it. I figure why not, I never would have thought of working conditioner into my beard, but in the last few weeks it's provided great shaves. If trimming, like the goggles, does nothing then I'll just let it grow back and walk away a little wiser.

Not to continue dragging this thread off-topic, but if we did judge manliness by underarm hair I'd be Grand Poobah. :biggrin:

That said, I'm definitely going to try trimming once the weather warms up. I don't care if I sweat, but sometimes the smell gets so bad I can barely stand it. I figure why not, I never would have thought of working conditioner into my beard, but in the last few weeks it's provided great shaves. If trimming, like the goggles, does nothing then I'll just let it grow back and walk away a little wiser.

Wasn't that the Sasquatch in a kilt thread? :lol:

Anyhow... at least I find that trimming helps the anti-persp. to actually end up where it will do some good. YMMV, etc. "I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on tv."

Natural here, GF has suggested I try shaving, but the rest of me is so populated with hair it would look really odd.
Then again, come summer it's like haveing a tap under each arm, so I may give it a shot.

Wasn't that the Sasquatch in a kilt thread? :lol:

Anyhow... at least I find that trimming helps the anti-persp. to actually end up where it will do some good. YMMV, etc. "I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on tv."

What can I say? I'm a jack of several things. :biggrin:

I'm not a doctor either, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I've found antiperspirant to make the underarm hair very... sticky. That's actually the reason I wanted to try trimming/shaving, but I just switched over to that salt deodorant a few weeks ago instead.

What can I say? I'm a jack of several things. :biggrin:

I'm not a doctor either, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

:biggrin:

I've found antiperspirant to make the underarm hair very... sticky. That's actually the reason I wanted to try trimming/shaving, but I just switched over to that salt deodorant a few weeks ago instead.

:confused: you mean the crystal deod / alum block ? I tried it a few years ago; it did nothing for me other than make me stink somewhat less. I do much better with Old Spice High Endurance.

:biggrin:

:confused: you mean the crystal deod / alum block ? I tried it a few years ago; it did nothing for me other than make me stink somewhat less. I do much better with Old Spice High Endurance.

I didn't have much success with the block, so I use the liquid stuff from the drugstore or some weird natural paste from a local spa/soap shop (Tiber River Naturals). The paste, originally I thought it was glorified baking soda, but it's extremely effective.

Maybe we could get back on topic here... it's not about the "manliness" of any grooming habits. Take that to another thread if you wish to discuss it. Thank you.

Come on what would B&B be without hijacked threads. Besides is not that off topic. The following really is.

Who is Grand Poobah?:bored:

I tried to shave Chuck Norris' armpits once, but he would have nothing to do with it. Not meaning to hijack this thread at all...but could you just imagine Chuck Norris, John Wayne, Brett Favre, Hoss Cartwright, Sean Connery and Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Ed Asner, Robin Williams and William Shatner all lined up first thing at the local barbershop, picking a number and saying "It's not about manliness...it's about bacteria-- please, just take a little off my armpits!" "I'm next!" "NO! MEEEE!!!"

C'mon!!!!!!

Bacteria can live in the hair on our heads. A dirty head full of hair can really stink. It's funny that some "lads" will worry about body hair and remove it for this reason, and then they'll wear a woolen stocking cap on their head on a hot day from the time they get up in the morning until they retire to bed at night-- and this won't stink? For clenliness' sake I WASH my hair, AND my armpits. I don't remedy the problem my removing hair, I remedy it by CLEANING hair and skin.

(And if this fails, there's alway just the old remedy of dousing one's self with Brut and selling used cars for a living!)

This truly IS becoming No Country for Old Men!!!!

Just FYI... Chuck does shave his pits, and seemingly BBS at that... just check out his infomercial for that home gym thing he's hawking these days; it's a little hard not to notice since the camera is "right there" in a number of shots. (I cant' believe I just posted that.)

Come on what would B&B be without hijacked threads. Besides is not that off topic. The following really is.

Who is Grand Poobah?:bored:

I don't know, but the Grand Pooh Bear is Limecat's next door neighbor who in turn, is next to Kilted Sasquatch.

I tried to shave Chuck Norris' armpits once, but he would have nothing to do with it. Not meaning to hijack this thread at all...but could you just imagine Chuck Norris, John Wayne, Brett Favre, Hoss Cartwright, Sean Connery and Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Ed Asner, Robin Williams and William Shatner all lined up first thing at the local barbershop, picking a number and saying "It's not about manliness...it's about bacteria-- please, just take a little off my armpits!" "I'm next!" "NO! MEEEE!!!"

C'mon!!!!!!

Bacteria can live in the hair on our heads. A dirty head full of hair can really stink. It's funny that some "lads" will worry about body hair and remove it for this reason, and then they'll wear a woolen stocking cap on their head on a hot day from the time they get up in the morning until they retire to bed at night-- and this won't stink? For clenliness' sake I WASH my hair, AND my armpits. I don't remedy the problem my removing hair, I remedy it by CLEANING hair and skin.

(And if this fails, there's alway just the old remedy of dousing one's self with Brut and selling used cars for a living!)

This truly IS becoming No Country for Old Men!!!!

You wash your armpits? That's not many enough at all! :tongue:

I assume that removing all the hair there or at least cutting it down a bit would help with dryness at least.

You wash your armpits? That's not many enough at all! :tongue:

I assume that removing all the hair there or at least cutting it down a bit would help with dryness at least.

Of course, ripping it out with an old clam shell would be the manliest option of all.

I can't remember who it is whose title states "you armpits smell nice"....I wonder what his thoughts are
(apologies if I missed a post you've already made here)

I can't remember who it is whose title states "you armpits smell nice"....I wonder what his thoughts are
(apologies if I missed a post you've already made here)

That'd be "analog_kid"... I'm surprised he hasn't chimed in either. Must be quite a story behind that title.

Just FYI... Chuck does shave his pits, and seemingly BBS at that... just check out his infomercial for that home gym thing he's hawking these days; it's a little hard not to notice since the camera is "right there" in a number of shots. (I cant' believe I just posted that.)

NO! CHUCK! SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!!!! NEXT THING YOU'LL TELL ME IS THAT CELINE DION SHAVES HER LEGS!!!!

Top Bottom