What's new

Another DE to be ID'd...

I picked this up at a local antique mall, mainly for the handle to be used with my old-type, but got it home and it looks like it might be interesting.

In another thread someone had an Ever-Ready SE razor with the same style handle, and I was wondering if that manufacturer may have made other brands of razors as well?

Here are the pictures:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Any help would be much appreciated.

I'd say it's a Star razor.

By this point, Star and Ever-Ready may have been commonly owned by American Safety Razor, which also owned Gem. It's possible that the handle got switched with that of an Ever-Ready, but doubtful considering the pristine condition. Here's a picture of another Star DE razor:

proxy.php

- Chris

Last edited:
No plating loss, but a few areas that are "etched", especially on the handle. Some more time with polish should clean it up a little further. :)
Edit look closely at the handle in the pfirst picture, and you can see the dimming/faded appearance. I think that will cleean up well with a little more polishing.

PS. There is another Tech Travel razor in leatherette pouch at the same antique mall for about $15 I think. If someone is interested, I could pick it up and ship it for cost. PM me and we can figure it out.

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I find the Tech Travel kits all the time in the 5 to 8 dollar range. I think I have about 8 of them, they make nice little stocking stuffers at Christmas or just to give away as a means of getting people interested.

I'd say it's a Star razor.

By this point, Star and Ever-Ready may have been commonly owned by American Safety Razor, which also owned Gem. It's possible that the handle got switched with that of an Ever-Ready, but doubtful considering the pristine condition. Here's a picture of another Star DE razor:

proxy.php

- Chris

The Star DE uses a female threaded handle while the Star SE uses a male threaded handle, therefore it could not have come from a Star SE. That said, it is quite possible that Star used the same handle threaded for the DE on a production basis.

Top Bottom