What's new

Anniversary PIF

Most of you haven't seen me here at B&B, though some of the seasoned members have. A few years back, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. As the disease progressed, it became more difficult for me to do day-to-day tasks, including typing. So my participation at B&B has diminished over time, and today I rarely post. I do lurk however, and spend a couple of hours a day checking posts.

Two weeks from today is the 10th anniversary of the Badger and Blade coming on line. Two weeks from tomorrow is my 9th anniversary as a registered member of B&B. This calls for a PIF as a bit of celebration, so I'll get one going. :w00t:

I'm going to limit participation to B&B'ers that have registered here since August 6th, 2014 and are CONUS.

All you have to do is post in this thread "I'm in!" on or before August 6th, 2015. On August 7th I'll fetch a random number generator and select the winner.

Limit of one entry per person. (It would not be gentlemanly to 'stuff the ballot box', so you get one shot)

The PIF consists of a Gillette Sheraton razor in excellent shape, straight teeth, opens/closes securely, no gold loss. Also a couple of tubes of NOS shave cream, an alum bar, some excellent blades, some high quality soap(s), and whatever else I happen to grab from my stash.

If you add a little extra to your entry, a bit of shaving Haiku, or an amusing anecdote, or a (very) short story, you get "extra credit" and I'll drop a little something extra in the box. I look forward to reading the entries.

Good Luck!

-- John Gehman

Not in, as I'm in Canada, but thank you for the generosity. I love the B & B spirit! A very inspiring story as well. All the best, and good luck to those who enter!

What a great way to celebrate with us. Happy anniversary to you Sir! Fantastic pif.
I'm in. With this:
Leave no trace, nothing behind,
no weepers, no burn,
just that Baby soft fine.
And a smile on your face
that speaks volumes to all
..of your moments to grace
.....Your face, thanks you!

Last edited:
Hello BroJohn, happy anniversary to you sir! Thank you for the opportunity to win a Gillette Sheraton, but I am not in as I already have one. But this is a very generous PIF. I know some lucky person will be happy!! Wonderful PIF! Again thank you, it's people like you that make this community great. Have a great night!

Edit: I'm In! Initially misunderstood the deadline, and thought it was people before 8/2014...now I understand that it's after!

I am truly apologetic about your Parkinson's, that is a difficult disease. I work in inpatient rehab (not the drug kind) with a history of neuropsychology. If I can be of any assistance in answering questions (likely you already have all your questions answered), feel free to PM me. I wish you all the best, and continue onward. Most of all, happy anniversary!

Last edited:
I'm in! Congrats on the anniversary and only the best to you John.

ill tell the very short version of what first prompted me to consider DE shaving... I was looking to "slow down." My wife and I were going to our baby shower and as I make my own BBQ sauces at home I was making a special habanero glaze for chicken for my aunts as a "thanks" for putting the shower together... Long story short, were running late, I need to shave before going but I did NOT wash my hands well enough and used goo in a can by hand... I'll leave the rest to your imagination lol.

BroJohn,

Happy Anniversary and thank you for being a member and a gentlemen...you are in our thoughts and prayers.

My mantra to anyone who knows me and works with me is, "As the shave goes, so the day goes"...now, all the time at work the first question I am asked is how was my shave? BTW, most of them are great...but on "not-so-good" shave days I don't have as many visitors in my office.

I am in and thank you kind sir.

Awesome PIF. I'm in. The following isn't that good, but...
Shaving is an art
The Blade Glides smooth along the skin
Leaving it smooth with skill.

I am in!

Before others wake
We prep our badgers and blades
To welcome the day

Happy anniversary! I am so new to this community, but I love it. The thought and consideration that go into so many interactions is remarkable, and I cannot wait until I have enough experience (and more stuff) to share with others!

Last edited:
John,

My thoughts and prayers are with you (even if you are not the praying type - I seldom am - it surely can't hurt) and I applaud your courage. I want to tank you for offering this more than generous PIF. That being said...I'm In!

So...About three weeks into wet shaving with a Safety Razor I decided to try the sample of Feather Blades that I had. I was expecting a little more aggression because I had been told that the Feather Razors were the sharpest, but what I got was more than I bargained for. I loaded a blade into my long handled Merkur safety razor and began to shave. It was evident from the beginning that this was a sharp blade. I nick here, a weeper there, and a cut in a few places, I pushed through my three pass shave (I decided against the touch up). By the end of my shave I had blood everywhere and was dabbing my face with a styptic pencil. At one point I considered grabbing the styptic powder I keep on hand for my dogs. The scenario was reminiscent of the chainsaw scene from Scarface. I vowed that I would never use another Feather razor again. As I was cleaning up, I discovered that the handle was not screwed into the head all the way allowing for a larger gap. I felt so stupid. To this day, I always check my razor to see if it is tightened or not. Lesson learned the hard-way. :shaving:

I am not in, since I have been a member since before 8/14, but this is an awesome PIF! Some day I will be getting my hands on one of these open comb TTOs! [emoji1]

Sorry to hear about your condition, but congrats on your anniversary and I do hope to see you around the forum a bit!

I'm in! I'm 4 shaves into DE, and already my wife has requested that I change to a different soap scent :001_huh: I'm not much for poetry, sorry! I will say, however, that I'm enjoying the time spent shaving, my 2-year old loves to watch me shave, and is quick to offer a Dora the Explorer Band-Aid in the event that I nick myself. Come to think of it, when I'm at the point to PIF, I should do a box for parents, and throw in some Dora bandaids or something...

I'm in!
I didn't realize B&B has been around 10 years - amazing!
I only have 3 soaps and a few samples, but every time a small package comes in the mail, my wife asks "Another soap?" :001_rolle
Thanks for the generous PIF and congrats on being a long time B&B member!

Top Bottom