What's new

Almond Soap Reccomendation

Another vote for Cella. I started out using some TOBS, and Proraso, then I bought some Cella to try, and have not cracked the others open since. 100+ years of Italian Barbers can't be wrong!

shawn.

I can highly recomend Razorock Classic soap. It has a nice scent but not overpowering. It is not a tallow based soap but works and lathers great. I think the Italian Barber has it on sale now for $5 or so. I have been using a tub pretty much exclusively for about 3 months now and still has a few shaves left in her.

Cella is good too.

Yes I'll +1 RazoRock Classic. Good price and performance and the scent is just right without going to the sickly extremes of some others. I can deal with this version of the classic marzipan style scent.

Cella seems good and I have a small tub in my 3017 stockpile to try at some stage - I just hope it doesn't 'turn' before I can get to it.

Have you tried p160 and classic? They are both made by RR was wondering if there was a difference

No I have never used it. Based on the price of P160 vs Cella I would suggest Cella. I have used Cella and it's one of my favs. SOLID performer.

I've used all three and would rank them in order of preference as:

P.160
Cella
Classic

P.160 is slightly better in performance. And while the scents are definitely in the same family I think P.160 is better. That said, I really like Cella too. You can't go wrong with either one of them.

I've used all three and would rank them in order of preference as:

P.160
Cella
Classic

P.160 is slightly better in performance. And while the scents are definitely in the same family I think P.160 is better. That said, I really like Cella too. You can't go wrong with either one of them.
I almost want to take like 1\2 Oz of all of these plus the vitos and make uber almond soap.

I'm getting samples of Cella vitos and conk.
Gotta see about the p160 and classic, although those are both so cheap

DRHarris almond soap is very nice. A nice almond scent that isn't like a dessert almond scent might be worth a look? It's triple milled so it'll be long lasting as well. One can't go wrong with any of the doc's soaps.

DR Harris is more like real almonds than the marzipan almond. This is because it is based on the almond flower I believe.

Very interesting. Both my patents grew up in a small town in northern California where the majority of US almonds are produced. Needless to say, I spent a lot of summers running around Almond orchards.

That is interesting. I would give the DR Harris a shot then if you liked that smell. The replacement pucks aren't bad for price but the wooden bowls can get pricey.

I highly recommend this. It is almond flower and not remotely sweet. The almond flower scent is also known as eau de quinine, and the DR Harris soap is unique among all of the almond scents.

I have both Cella and Col. Conk. I like both, but Col Conk has a much stronger scent to me. Both perform very well and are reasonably priced!

I'm looking for a quality Almond smelling soap. I can stand a little sweet but not cloyingly sweet. Would like to keep under 15$ if possible. Bonus if it has a matching AS/ASB.

Fiori & Frutta comes to mind.
It is THE best Italian almond soap, with bitter almonds scent.

Not too sure if it is below the 15 dollar mark.

I have only tried one Almond scented soap and that is RazoRock Classic. I love the scent and it definitely isn't a weak scent. For the money, the performance is excellent. I use Yardley of London Oatmeal and Almond soap in the shower and the two scents match up really well.

Valobra almond (in the simple cardboard box) is excellent, better than Cela in my opinion.
It's almond scent gave me and my wife a crave for marzipan for a week....

All this talk of almond shaving soaps made me break out my C&E Sweet Almond Oil Shaving Soap this morning. My, what a nice scent and shave! And (had forgotten) what a nice post-shave feel to my face! Made me check to see if there was any of this discontinued goody on eBay anymore = nope.

DRHarris almond soap is very nice. A nice almond scent that isn't like a dessert almond scent might be worth a look? It's triple milled so it'll be long lasting as well. One can't go wrong with any of the doc's soaps.

DR Harris is basically an unscented soap. The scent strength is quite weak.

Top Bottom