What's new

Almond Soap Reccomendation

I'm looking for a quality Almond smelling soap. I can stand a little sweet but not cloyingly sweet. Would like to keep under 15$ if possible. Bonus if it has a matching AS/ASB.

Cella.

150 g/5.4 oz tub or 1 kg/2.2 lb brick. $10.95 and $37.00, respectively from my shop of choice (Maggard's)

Great soap! Great performance! Great scent!

Last edited:

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Antica Barbieria Colla, but make sure to store it in something air-tight because the scent will dissipate otherwise.

Cella.

150 g/5.4 oz tub or 1 kg/2.2 lb brick. $10.95 and $37.00, respectively from my shop of choice (Maggard's)

Great soap! Great performance! Great scent!
Is it strong scented? I've heard of the Cella before but never tried. I'd like a strong smelling one.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Sounds awesome but a little pricey for my single parent budget!

Maybe after the holidays you can treat yourself. :001_smile Just don't forget about the air-tight container, I still have my puck and it lost its scent in less than 2 weeks in an open apothecary mug.

Stirling Almond Cream. Obviously it is a YMMV, but I think it blows Cella out of the water. $12.00 for a 5.8 oz tub. For the win!

Is it strong scented? I've heard of the Cella before but never tried. I'd like a strong smelling one.

Cella's my favorite, but even I will admit that the scent is a bit cloying. Col. Conk gets a bad rep, but I like his soaps and the almond has a wonderful scent imho. Definitely under $15.

Stirling Almond Cream. Obviously it is a YMMV, but I think it blows Cella out of the water. $12.00 for a 5.8 oz tub. For the win!
Hmmm I do like Stirling. I hadn't noticed an Almond before. How strong is the scent?
I'd like the Almond for when I happen to shave at night, the smooth slightly sweet Almond smell would be nice to linger

Cella. It's slightly cloying but not offensively so. I'd say start there. The performance to price ratio is going to beat most contenders. It produces exceptional lather with relative ease.

DRHarris almond soap is very nice. A nice almond scent that isn't like a dessert almond scent might be worth a look? It's triple milled so it'll be long lasting as well. One can't go wrong with any of the doc's soaps.

DRHarris almond soap is very nice. A nice almond scent that isn't like a dessert almond scent might be worth a look? It's triple milled so it'll be long lasting as well. One can't go wrong with any of the doc's soaps.

DR Harris is more like real almonds than the marzipan almond. This is because it is based on the almond flower I believe.

Goto Shaving.ie or TVBShaving.com. They have Cella and TVB has Vitos 1kg bricks. The 1kg brick is quite a commitment though. Depending on how often you shave it could last you years before you are through with it.

You may want to start with the Cella tub which is 150g.

Goto Shaving.ie or TVBShaving.com. They have Cella and TVB has Vitos 1kg bricks. The 1kg brick is quite a commitment though. Depending on how often you shave it could last you years before you are through with it.

You may want to start with the Cella tub which is 150g.
Haha I shave every other day unless I have an important meeting at work. I don't think I could commit to that much!

I like my dark Woody smoky leathery vetiver like scents too much during the winter.[emoji6]

DR Harris is more like real almonds than the marzipan almond. This is because it is based on the almond flower I believe.
Very interesting. Both my patents grew up in a small town in northern California where the majority of US almonds are produced. Needless to say, I spent a lot of summers running around Almond orchards.

Very interesting. Both my patents grew up in a small town in northern California where the majority of US almonds are produced. Needless to say, I spent a lot of summers running around Almond orchards.

That is interesting. I would give the DR Harris a shot then if you liked that smell. The replacement pucks aren't bad for price but the wooden bowls can get pricey.

I can highly recomend Razorock Classic soap. It has a nice scent but not overpowering. It is not a tallow based soap but works and lathers great. I think the Italian Barber has it on sale now for $5 or so. I have been using a tub pretty much exclusively for about 3 months now and still has a few shaves left in her.

Cella is good too.

I can highly recomend Razorock Classic soap. It has a nice scent but not overpowering. It is not a tallow based soap but works and lathers great. I think the Italian Barber has it on sale now for $5 or so. I have been using a tub pretty much exclusively for about 3 months now and still has a few shaves left in her.

Cella is good too.
I didn't know classic was almondy. I think P160 is made by them too and is supposedly almond.

Top Bottom