What's new

AllClad on sale

....awe... and I was just thinking how much I really need a 2 quart saucier to join my 1 qt, and 3. Damn things are just golden in copper core on an induction plate.

I bought the sd7 12" skillet. Does anyone have any experience with them? The reviews looked great. I am currently using the All-Clad 10 SS.

I ordered an all in one pan. I have discovered that my zillion piece calphalon set I got when I got married has lots of pans I don't use. I was really mad when my son took one of the saucepans and used it to boil something on a open fire. But in retrospect he may have done me a favor. We basically use five different pans: carbon steel skillet, no name modern cast iron skillet, lodge enameled CI dutch oven, and my wife insists on using a cheap nonstick saute pan. Everything else seems to be cooked on the grill or in the oven. I am having a hard time remembering the last time I pulled out a saucepan or stockpot. I plan on using the everyday pan when I cook stuff I don't want to use the skillets for.

Last night I had a bunch of duck eggs to use up so pulled out some green onion, a bit of ground pork, mushrooms, celery, and a few fresh tomatoes and decided to try my (only used twice) CI skillet to make a frittata. Was a bit worried about needing to chisel it from the pan so I used a bit more butter than normal and it turned out awesome. I am thinking the only time I will touch the nonstick pan from now on is to move it out of the way to get one of the other pans :)

tldr; I got a all in one pan and I am looking forward to it.

Ruckin.

/sigh... contented? Idunno, we'll see. 5.5qt copper core Dutch Oven. I've only been lusting for one of these for about 8,9 years. But I'm (or I'll be) committed now!

Top Bottom