What's new

AdP

Well. Getting started using my non-sample soaps going forward.

First up in the rotation, is AdP. Wow baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just going to say really enjoyed the soap with the mild soothing cooling feel. Perhaps there is some type of menthol in it. It was much better than the Valobra Menthol soap.

Very glad to have this. Ticks all the boxes of super fantastic shave. And while this was a gift, the price on All Beauty (from wife) made it worthwhile outside of the prices on the USA store listings. The scent is never a factor in my decision but its very delightful as shared by other AdP reviews. So much I might use this soap only when I am seeing my mistress too (wink wink - sorry wife).

Going to steal this list from Ariana and Evens store (albeit I have not tried their soap):

• Affordability (pricey but worth it for all of the below)
  • Ease of use
  • Creaminess
  • Density of lather
  • Slickness
  • Residual slickness
  • Cushion/ protection
  • Longevity of lather
  • Moisturizing
  • Great post shave (hours after the shave)
_20200616_081748.png

i had a jar of this a while back, i didnt use it for a while ( 1 to 2 years ) and it went bad. the solids and liquids separated i had to throw it away. the times i did use it though it was primo no doubt. i will probably get this again once my soap stash depletes.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Have you tried MdC or ABC? If so, how would you compare them?

I have MdC (all scents), ABC hard soap and cream, and all 3 versions of AdP.

IMO, the current yellow tub/yellow tube Colonia scented version of AdP is the best of them all in performance. Scent is arguable, but AdP Colonia is something special IMO, more sophisticated than the simple MdC scents (which I love BTW) or the almond ABC.

Coming in second is ABC cream and hard soap, which I’ve always thought might be the same product just cured differently, the ingredients seem identical and in identical order. MdC is excellent. it needs a proper loading and lots of water to be straight-razor slick, and the post shave is just clean skin, which is a bonus for me though others don’t care for it.

I got lucky. After the first use, I wanted to buy another.. Lol. ABC cream vs. Boelis Panama (sp?) ? I go with BP. Glad to have AdP, BP, and MdC (fougere and Rose). I don't have ABC but did a sample.

Last edited:
Top Bottom