What's new

Adjustable getting harder to twist

So I've had my Slim for a couple of months now, and when I first got it it was extremely easy to tighten and loosen the doors. My problem is that it is getting progressively more difficult to twist open and shut. I wonder if it is just the water and soap scum getting into nooks and crannies and clogging it up, but I'm not sure. It isn't a big deal at this point, but I'd like to keep it in solid condition, and would like to know what I can do to keep the doors twisting freely. I cleaned the razor with scrubbing bubbles a couple of weeks ago, but this didn't seem to help. Advice? Can I just shoot some WD-40 up the bottom? Any other ideas? Thanks gals and guys.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
So I've had my Slim for a couple of months now, and when I first got it it was extremely easy to tighten and loosen the doors. My problem is that it is getting progressively more difficult to twist open and shut. I wonder if it is just the water and soap scum getting into nooks and crannies and clogging it up, but I'm not sure. It isn't a big deal at this point, but I'd like to keep it in solid condition, and would like to know what I can do to keep the doors twisting freely. I cleaned the razor with scrubbing bubbles a couple of weeks ago, but this didn't seem to help. Advice? Can I just shoot some WD-40 up the bottom? Any other ideas? Thanks gals and guys.

Soak it over night in hot water with dish soap. Work it open and closed before you rinse it.
You really shouldn't use WD40 because it isn't meant as a lubricant in the sense of mineral oil or such, and it leaves a residue behind.

Top Bottom