What's new

ADJUSTABLE APRIL (starts April,1st)

Adjustable April Day 22
Razor: Rocnel Sailor 2022
Blade: Wizamet SI
Brush: Rubberset 400 - Synthetic Tux
Soap: Master Soap Vintage Spice

SOTD220422.jpg

I planned another FatBoy Friday BUT look what just arrived. Its the newest crew member - the 2022 Rocnel Sailor.
There are very few changes from the 2021 version. It's still big, bulky and in your face. The handle is slightly longer. The one big change is that its now a three-piece, which I do really like. The workmanship is top-notch.

Murat has the Sailors pretty much down to a "T".

Shave wise, I need to shave with them on subsequent days to be sure. I don't "think" that I feel any difference between it and the 2021 version - In Other Words, "Its great" and easily slots into my top razors.

OH - Did I say that I love the fact that its now a 3-piece.

Friday, 22nd April 2022

Razor
: Parker Variant
Blade : Gillette Super Platinum Black
Soap : Razorock What The Puck Lime
Brush : Razorock Chrome Plissoft Silvertip
Post shave : Alum + Pinaid Lime Sec EDC

Turn of one of my favorite adjustable in the audible character department. Loaded with a Gillette Super Platinum Black Indian blade on its second shave, it made for a very smooth, efficient and audible shave on setting 4 of the Parker Variant.

The Razorock WTP Lime puck made some excellent fresh smelling slick lather with the Razorock Chrome Plissoft Silvertip synthetic brush.

The WTP Lime soap has the same scent as the Pinaud Lime Sec EDC and makes an excellent pair together.

Have a great weekend folks !

1650649061630.jpg

This razor hasn’t seen any shave action in who knows how long. Might be going on 2 years if memory serves me right. It’s not a bad shaver but, to me it doesn’t really stand out either. Nonetheless I decided to dust it off and give it a go and see if my initial thoughts remained the same. Dropped in a Feather and actually had a real nice shave. The Emperor by Vikings Blade is a heavy & substantial razor. The Cognac and light brass two tone finish is quite nice though the stamping up top of the doors is a bit off putting. It shaves similar to a Gillette adjustable but has its own character. Good knurling, nice adjustment and movement to customize your preferred gap size. Doesn’t lock into a setting as the Gillette adjustables do and lets one fine tune it further for an infinite amount more of adjustability. A good Friday evening shave.

8DDBA4BF-0010-402E-A5DB-22C786F39950.jpeg

Last edited:
Adjustable April Day 23
SE Saturday

Razor: Romsitsa Gem Adjustable
Blade: Personna Gem
Brush: Lowborne with a Declaration B7
Soap: Speick Stick

SOTD220422.jpg

You are not going to find this little beauty in a catalog. It was put together by @romsitsa and sent my way. I don't know of another adjustable that use a standard Gem blade. I was concerned with the wooden handle was going to be slippery but it works perfectly fine and shaves every bit of as good as it looks.

Want one! - speak to Adam. Tell him that I sent you.....

Saturday, 23rd April'22

Razor
: Parker Variant
Blade : Gillette Super Platinum black
Soap : Razorock What The Puck barbershop
Brush : Razorock 400 plissoft
Post shave : Alum + Gillette Cool Wave

An excellent shave on setting 5 for WTG and 3 for ATG with te Parker Variant.

The WTP while not as slick as Arko or Williams or other tallow soaps, does provide good lather when loaded heavy.

1650709880436 (1).jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Adjustable April Day 23
SE Saturday

Razor: Romsitsa Gem Adjustable
Blade: Personna Gem
Brush: Lowborne with a Declaration B7
Soap: Speick Stick

View attachment 1444353

You are not going to find this little beauty in a catalog. It was put together by @romsitsa and sent my way. I don't know of another adjustable that use a standard Gem blade. I was concerned with the wooden handle was going to be slippery but it works perfectly fine and shaves every bit of as good as it looks.

Want one! - speak to Adam. Tell him that I sent you.....

Now we're talking.

Just yesterday I wondered if there was besides the injector versions a single edged adjustable.

Lovely example, too.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Now we're talking.

Just yesterday I wondered if there was besides the injector versions a single edged adjustable.

Lovely example, too.

Happy shaves,

Jim
I also have
Superman or Finney - same razor different branding. Takes a modded Gem blade
Oblyc No1 - You can use a Gem blade in it, it wasn't designed to though.
Krytyk - AC Blade with a space behind it.

The new Supply Se Pro

I'm pretty sure that there are a few others

Phoenix Enigma Machine Cube preshave > Ferrari red Plisson synthetic + DR Harris Lavender > Gill Fat Boy adjustable (2) + Personna Lab (8) > Thayer’s Coconut + Phoenix Coconut Bay Rum

Have been shirking a bit on preshave but used the Enigma Machine Cube + a hot towel. Had a really nice BBS shave.
084DB172-7601-4F04-806F-A7A383E6CB66.jpeg

Adjustable April Day 24
Razor: Razzia
Blade: Wizamet SI
Brush: Omega 10098 Boar
Soap: Rondavel Wild Dagga and Cedar

SOTD220424.jpg

This is a very cheaply made adjustable from France. The base plate is a piece of pressed aluminium that has a centre groove, which in turn accepts a piece of spring-steel. It doesn't see to much use because of the fact that its so cheaply made and isn't an easy find.

How does it shave?
Its on the low end of aggressive and shaves pretty well.

Rex Ambassador (4-4-3)
Treet Platinum (5)
Tobs St.James soap
Tobs St.James aftershave lotion

The Ambassador continues to deliver me with shaves that put a smile on my face. The Treet Blade was a joy to use but time had come to bin it. A new Rapira Swedish Steel Blade for my Ambassador tomorrow.

The boat was given to me by my grandfather just yesterday. It was made by his father (my great grandfather) in 1969. Cleaning it I discovered a personal note from my great grandfather written on a label inside the boat. My grandfather never knew or read this. I'm very happy to have discovered it and was able to tell him about it.

april_2022-04-24-11-26-45-126.jpg

Top Bottom