What's new

ADJUSTABLE APRIL (starts April,1st)

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
2DE04761-2CAF-4332-B762-C373CA5ECAB3.jpeg

Adjustable April shave number 17 for me. Gillette Y2 Black Beauty set on 4 today with the Racer Super Stainless on its 3rd shave. I certainly noticed the difference with the setting moved just one notch. A closer shave with a little more Zing on the cheeks after using the Alum Block. I will leave it on 4 now and see how I get on.

Rex Ambassador (4-4-3)
Treet Platinum
Cella Red
Clubman Pinaud

First time using the Treet Platinum blade. I'm crazy in love with the package for some reason, it gives me a proper 70-80's vibe. It also happens to be a very smooth and comfortable blade though it's not the sharpest. I find it similar in feel and result as my Rapira Super Stainless blades. These might just be a touch smoother and not as sharp, but they work very well in my Ambassador.

IMG_20220420_125726_edit_15418432475251.jpg

William's Wednesday, 20th April 2022

Razor
: Parker Injector
Blade : Personna
Soap : Williams Mug Soap
Brush : Bila Boar
Post shave : Alum + Thayer's Lavender

I took out my Parker Injector Adjustable today. While it is very well built, it is a mildly efficient razor on its highest setting as well. Got a good shave with some effort. A razor I can do without, but only keep it to encourage makers of modern razors to make more single edge razors. I wish Parker come out with a V2 and in line with its other DE razors, make an aggressive and efficient SE modern shaver.

1650469690057.jpg

Last edited:
Gillette Fay Boy arrived in the mail today from BST so I loaded the Personna Lab (5) I’ve been using in it and set it on 4.* Still 3017‘ing the DR Harris, today whipped up with a Simpson”s Chubby synthetic. Wrapped it all up with Proraso. Slight roughness on the second pass.
F135345C-22BC-4E09-B114-056FC22DC00E.jpeg

Adjustable April Day 21
Razor: Bates
Blade: Wizamet SI (Modded)
Brush: No-Name Synthetic
Soap: La Toja

SOTD220421.jpg

Its an adjustable razor which originally came with three blades (two of which left in the package), two tins of a stropping paste called Thorite, a brush applicator and a small tube if hairs to test the sharpness of the blade on. The blades were advertised to last a lifetime. It was all packaged in a metal container that had a built in stropper.

The blade itself ascts as the spring and lies pretty flat so there is not much adjustability using modern blades.
Current blades need to be modified in order to use them.

How does it shave?
Its a very mild shaver. If I open it a little to just before the blade is loose, its still not a BBS shaver.
(Disclaimer: Using current blades.)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Adjustable April Day 21
Razor: Bates
Blade: Wizamet SI (Modded)
Brush: No-Name Synthetic
Soap: La Toja

View attachment 1443299

Its an adjustable razor which originally came with three blades (two of which left in the package), two tins of a stropping paste called Thorite, a brush applicator and a small tube if hairs to test the sharpness of the blade on. The blades were advertised to last a lifetime. It was all packaged in a metal container that had a built in stropper.

The blade itself ascts as the spring and lies pretty flat so there is not much adjustability using modern blades.
Current blades need to be modified in order to use them.

How does it shave?
Its a very mild shaver. If I open it a little to just before the blade is loose, its still not a BBS shaver.
(Disclaimer: Using current blades.)

New to me adjustable. Very cool to see + a great and interesting bit of history. Thanks.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Thursday, 21st April 2022

Razor
: QShave Merkur Futur Clone
Blade : Topaz Platinum
Soap : Razorock What The Puck Orange
Brush : Wild West Brush Works
Post shave : Alum + Razorock WTP Orange AS

The Qshave Merkur Futur clone is a good light razor compared to the original Merkur Futur. The Topaz Platinum is one of my early times favorite blade. Its sharp and gives some great shaves.

The Razorock WTP original set of soaps are excellent mild scented soaps. It was the turn of the orange puck today which lathered up to some good slick lather with the Wild West Brushworks synthetic brush.

An excellent shave on setting 6.5

1650558025558.jpg

Gillette Fat Boy (1) + Personna Lab (6) + New Simpson’s Trafalgar T3 + DR Harris lavender + Thayer’s coconut witch hazel + Proraso
8A1463CA-9172-4351-BD0B-D5ED486054B1.jpeg

This is the first time I used the Trafalgar I gave myself for my birthday. It was very soft but it had a bit of scritch. Not sure a out the way it felt on my face but it’s a lather monster. Applied to it the DR Harris and them my face and it exploded.
01114D3B-4595-4C0C-9086-8BC977B75ECC.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
B7D8E51F-7F2B-42B4-AD1C-BA60D8A5A2B6.jpeg

Adjustable April shave number 19 for me. Still with the Gillette Y2 Black Beauty and the Racer Super Stainless blade. Broke out a soap that I have not used for a number of years today. Years ago I greater some old Mennen Shave Sticks into a puck and tried that out. I found that the lather would disappear on my face after I grated the shaving sticks. It still does to a degree but not quite as bad as before. I think I will leave this soap out and try and use it up.

Top Bottom