What's new

ADJUSTABLE APRIL 2024

QShave.jpg
Qshave 2.jpg

The QSHAVE Magnetic Cap Adjustable. My second ever shave with an Adjustable as I own only one, the other was with the Pearl Flexi a friend loaned to me, loved that and have ordered one for myself. Used a setting of 7 for the first pass and 5 for the second. The Razor was mild and extremely comfortable. The magnetic top cap is the coolest for loading a blade and slippery as the handle looks, I had no issue with it. Changing the setting while shaving was also easy. What blew my mind was that it was easy to get under the nose and the amount of lather this Razor can hold is phenomenal. Loved it.

This Razor is a twin of the one that Iirdian featured earlier and I am led to believe that the same manufacturer churns them out for three or four different companies. Top notch value though.

Razor - QSHAVE Adjustable with Magnetic cap
Blade - Gillette London Bridge Super Stainless Steel
Brush - DS Cosmetic Latte Handle with G7 Knot in 24 mm
Shaving Soap - Cella Crema Da Barba Bio Organic
Aftershave - Nivea Deep Comfort Bourbon Vanilla Splash
Result - BBS in two passes, no nicks, no weepers no touch ups.
Cost - 11 USD with a Blade disposable box. Makes me cry at the value offered for the price.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Yaqi Ultima / Dorco Prime
YultimaDorco.jpg

I might buy a Parker Variant OC to add an OC to my in any case very small "real" adjustable selection. Otherwise I would have already posted the Bohemia with its flip plate.

Dorco ego te absolvo - the blade is not to be blamed for my discomfort. My skin apparently got triggered by something, but thankfully it is already almost back to normal.

Today I added my pet pyrite rock and an Alpha Revolver G4 brush for variety.

Yaqi Ultima / Dorco Prime
View attachment 1826433
I might buy a Parker Variant OC to add an OC to my in any case very small "real" adjustable selection. Otherwise I would have already posted the Bohemia with its flip plate.

Dorco ego te absolvo - the blade is not to be blamed for my discomfort. My skin apparently got triggered by something, but thankfully it is already almost back to normal.

Today I added my pet pyrite rock and an Alpha Revolver G4 brush for variety.
Got my eyes on the Parker Variant OC too. A pal of mine calls it his trusty shaver and his old Parker CC a chunk of junk. That's just his opinion though. That Pyrite Rock or Fools Gold, Its super awesome.

Texchappy...those St. James products. I have the Tobacco Vanilla and absolutely love it to bits. Used it for the first time last week, just really good Shaving cream and after shave. I'm sure the Lavender Geranium rocks too.
Like the scent but it’s very strong. Can’t use it every day.

Razor: 1962 H2 Slim on setting 7
Blade: Perma-Sharp
Soap: Catie’s Bubbles Barnegat
Brush: Vikings Revolution Boar
Frag: Dior Fahrenheit
Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso white
Balm: Harry’s. (I am lacking in my balm game)

I would rate this my first ever 10/10.

I think the Perma-Sharp in the Slim on 7 with the Catie’s bubbles might just be my perfect combination. Now I have to go and find the blades because this was the last one from a tuck sample.

Side note, I HATED the Perma-Sharp the first 4 times I used one, cut my self, lots of irritation, used them in a Fatboy, a Supper Speed, Henson ++, and Supper 84. Me thinks it’s not only the combo but I truly believe my technique has improved tremendously over the last few weeks. I also gave the brush another try, have not had much luck with it, thought it was because it was cheap brush and that I did not like boar. Well that opinion also changed for me today. It’s shedding a lot, I had to pick out many hairs out of my lather and face, but I was extremely happy with the lather in the bowl and on my face. It was a good day.

View attachment 1824850
The Slim on 7 with a Perma-Sharp is one of my go-to shaves. It's so good!

Adjustable April 10

Rocnel Hybrid
Wizamet SI
Rubberset 400 / Synthetic Three Colour
BunduBeard - Boomslang
Master Soap's - Betty Bets

As a shaver, the Rocnel Hybrid sits amongst the top razors in my collection. The weight is pretty much spot on, balance is probably slightly head heavy.

Its not as slick as the earlier Sailors, I guess because of the satin finish but the saving on the previous models more than compensates for that.

Have an awesome Wednesday everyone.

sotd240410.jpg

Gibbs Réglable • Feather
A&E Absinthe-Minded • Yaqi Ocean brush
IMG_20240410_064827886.jpg

I've found that the classic Gibbs Réglable needs a sharp blade and doesn't work too well at the lower settings. So after a bit of deliberation I set it to 5 for the first pass and 4 for the subsequent one and touch up today.

I always find using this a bit finickity - and pleasantly eccentric in a typically French way (I also drive a Citroën!), but the result today was really very good. Probably the best I've got out of it so far.

Did someone summon the Parker OC adjustable?

This is an absolutely phenomenal shaving device. For anyone who appreciates Yaqi Sentinel/Yaqi Bohemia, DSCosmetic AX shaves...this feels similar but better.
And it comes pretty cheap. I don't use it that often because...well it's satin/bead finished and there's soo much cool stuff to choose from. But it might become my travel razor because it's such a comfortable shaver.

Agreed with Clouds that the handle could be quite a bit shorter.

/edit pink theme chosen to pleasure @Iridian

full

AA ‘24

Stayed home today to take care of some errands and an eye exam later this afternoon. Went with the ‘69 LE adjustable as it hasn’t seen any significant cutting time by a long stretch. Installed a 7 O’Clock greenie and the rest is history in 3 smooth and easy passes. Great suds by WSP that gives more than ample protection & glide for both skin & razor. Aqua Velva Musk to calm & sooth with a few spritzers from Tom Ford to seal the deal. One thing about the DScosmetics 30mm Synthetic named the Peking Opera with the G7 knot. Superb. Truly, just superb, it has just the right amount of backbone, soft tips and a slight scritch to it that just feels amazing. And under $20 US. A true steal of a deal for what one gets.

Great shaves to all…

F19F2F2D-4F73-4FC9-A568-981D5B62C0E8.jpeg

Last edited:
Did someone summon the Parker OC adjustable?

This is an absolutely phenomenal shaving device. For anyone who appreciates Yaqi Sentinel/Yaqi Bohemia, DSCosmetic AX shaves...this feels similar but better.
And it comes pretty cheap. I don't use it that often because...well it's satin/bead finished and there's soo much cool stuff to choose from. But it might become my travel razor because it's such a comfortable shaver.

Agreed with Clouds that the handle could be quite a bit shorter.

/edit pink theme chosen to pleasure @Iridian

full
Stunning Pic. Will defy get one of these. My Buddy Iridian is awaiting the Shocking Pink version though. :biggrin1:
:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Top Bottom