What's new

Acquisitions September 21 - 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ASAD has been well underway since this past summer & in its grips it has lead me to pursue & enjoy the Old/New Classic ... Old Spice. :sailor:

With alot of praise & fondness for Old Spice here at B&B it prompted me to revisit Old Spice. I was not paying much attention to it in such a way that I was taking the Spice for granted, cause well, its everywhere. I found since I got into Wet Shaving I was not interested in pursuing what was familiar & within my grasp from just what the drug stores were offering. Now I have gone full circle & you all :badger: have helped me realize that the cheap drug store classic aftershaves are, lets face it, actually great product. (Nothing wrong with that). So I have discovered I really like Old Spice. But I really wanted to pursue the Shulton formulation since the general consensus, and I know all of you know what the heck your talking about :a44:, is that this was when Old Spice was at its best.

So I snagged off the Bay a couple of bottles of Old Spice Shutlon A/S. Also, I happened to find a bottle of Limited Edition Old Spice A/S in a grocery store locally which to my nose is closer to the Shulton formulation then the New Old Spice. I am expecting some vintage Old Spice Shulton cologne & a puck of Old Spice Soap in a mug. So bonus. I am set for a while. This pursuit has spun off & also this week I went out & bought the Old Spice Classic Body Wash & the Old Spice Signature cologne too. The Old Spice kick should pass now and I cant wait to find out what will grip me next. I never know when or what form the AD's will take ... but I cant wait to see what is next. :biggrin:

Cool pics :thumbup1:

Regards.

Jakob

Got in a Dirty Bird 1.5 X size Scuttle on Friday. I've used it twice and it's pretty nice. Kept the lather warm for fifteen minutes or so with no problem, three passes.

Looks good in the shave den, too, although it is so big I have to keep it on the opposite side of the counter from everything else. :biggrin:

(Now I just need a brush scuttle, or a Moss scuttle, since I've become so fond of face lathering.) He-he.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Here are a few of my acquisitions over the last couple of weeks.

C.O. Bigelow Bay Rum aftershave balm
Edwin Jagger BB Brush
B1 Superspeed
C2 Superspeed Red Tip
D2 Superspeed

Edit: Hmm...uploads don't seem to be working. I'll put the picture up later.

Last edited:
Got my NOS Merkur Slant this past week -- thanks to Stephen, AKA Chessman.

It's a really beautiful razor and although the age is somewhat undetermined -- between 40 and 60 years is the best guess -- it is a vintage razor in mint/NOS condition, ready for use and display.

What craftsmanship...

Found a silver-plated New Schick Repeating Razor with its leather case. Both are in very nice condition. It's the 1927-1932 model, the first one made in the square shape and with a single-action pull knob on the bottom to load the blades into the razor head. They also made a gold-plated version and a sterling silver model.

It's a nice addition to the two 1933-1941 Schick Simplified Repeating Razors in the collection.

I really like these for their compact, efficient design. If the head of the razor weren't prone to swiveling (there's nothing to lock it into place), I would try shaving with one.

Got my NOS Merkur Slant this past week -- thanks to Stephen, AKA Chessman.

It's a really beautiful razor and although the age is somewhat undetermined -- between 40 and 60 years is the best guess -- it is a vintage razor in mint/NOS condition, ready for use and display.

What craftsmanship...

Very nice. Love that white on the handle.

Stopped into the Shaver Shop in Torrance and bought a Merkur Mustache razor and a tube of Geo. F. Trumper Sandalwood Shaving Cream. I'm looking forward to trying both tomorrow.

proxy.php

I went to a large antique show this past weekend with my wife. 4 hours and $83 later I had this to show for it. I bought them 1 at a time from different vendors except for 2 vendors that I bought a 2 together. 17 razors total.

I went to a large antique show this past weekend with my wife. 4 hours and $83 later I had this to show for it. I bought them 1 at a time from different vendors except for 2 vendors that I bought a 2 together. 17 razors total.

Nice loot.

Just when you think that there are no bargains left on ebay, along comes a deal that takes your breath away. Thus this solid silver travel brush, in mint condition. All three pieces (brush handle, tube and cap) bear the French Minerve hallmark, indicating 950/1000 pure silver (higher than sterling). The weight of the metal alone is about 90 grammes, worth some 50 euros. Yet this lovely set went for 26 euros after sitting forlornly all week without a single bid! Some big spender coughed up 25 in the final hour, but I sniped it in a flash.

I’m guessing that this brush dates back to the 1930s or 1940s. I can just see a first-class cabin on the “Mauretania”. Milord’s valet slips the brush out of a Louis Vuitton case as the mooring lines come snaking off the dock at Cherbourg. Time for a champagne cocktail, then a quick shave before joining friends at the Captain’s table.

Nice haul!

I finally got around to buying a TOBS sampler from shavingessentials.com. Nothing too exciting, I'm still pumped to give them all a wiff though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom