What's new

Acquisitions September 21 - 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been awhile since I have posted, but:
Derby Lavender, Giant Lather bowl I got at Kroger for $1.50, Marvy medium disinfecting jar, B&B Essential, Chrome Razor/Brush Stand, Aqua Velva, Osage Rub, Nivea Cooling, KMF Vanilla, Cased Slim Adjustable, Fat Boy (thanks Guido!), Two Schick Injectors (again, thanks to Guido!), Feather, Bolzano, 7AM, Shark, Treet Blue, and Bluebird blades. Whew!

Last edited:
Two brushes both The Art of Shaving - one Pure Badger and one Fine Badger
A W. J. Myatt & Co. miniature 4 piece razor (I really like this one)
A Gillette Single Ring, 1907, serial A15011 (Really love this one)
A 7 o'clock razor (No idea of year)
A gentleman's travelling set with a (I think) Gillette Single Ring replica (left pic.)

All-in-all a rather nice week :smile:

Beautiful haul, shm!

Is the 7 O'Clock razor a single-edge or a double-edge. If it's single edge, the patent on it lists one of the inventors as MJ.J. Myatt and it's a British razor. Not sure about date. Maybe mid-1910s to 1930.

If it's a double-edge (and from the handle, I'm guessing it is), it was made by the Gillette Safety Razor Company in London, probably made around the early 1930s.

Not my picture, but I got this today. It came with a free bottle of Barbicide:

proxy.php

Woohoo! Giant yearly antiques/garage sale for the county.
$20 for the whole lot. This is a pre-cleaning shot.:biggrin:

proxy.php

1. Ever-ready - Pat. March 22/12
2. Gem ??
3, 4, and 5. Gem Pushbuttons
6. Gem Clogproof - Corrected - open comb micromatic
7. Schick Injector - P30 pat. pending
8. Trac II Custom? - engraved w/ MMJ on lower handle
9. Gillette TV Special (Z4) - Corrected - Nope :frown: First Year Flare-tip
10. Gillette Tech? S-4 (no other stamping? no 'Made in USA' or elsewhere)
11. 48-50 No Date Aristocrat
12. Travel P-3 - Marcas Regs stamped?
13. Fat Tech
14. Black Handle Super Adjustable (P-2)
15. Tech handle and head - Tray stamped 'Rabbit'
16. Black Tip Superspeed (X-3)

ty for everyone helping me w/ corrections

Last edited:
My ASAD has been well underway since this past summer & in its grips it has lead me to pursue & enjoy the Old/New Classic ... Old Spice. :sailor:

With alot of praise & fondness for Old Spice here at B&B it prompted me to revisit Old Spice. I was not paying much attention to it in such a way that I was taking the Spice for granted, cause well, its everywhere. I found since I got into Wet Shaving I was not interested in pursuing what was familiar & within my grasp from just what the drug stores were offering. Now I have gone full circle & you all :badger: have helped me realize that the cheap drug store classic aftershaves are, lets face it, actually great product. (Nothing wrong with that). So I have discovered I really like Old Spice. But I really wanted to pursue the Shulton formulation since the general consensus, and I know all of you know what the heck your talking about :a44:, is that this was when Old Spice was at its best.

So I snagged off the Bay a couple of bottles of Old Spice Shutlon A/S. Also, I happened to find a bottle of Limited Edition Old Spice A/S in a grocery store locally which to my nose is closer to the Shulton formulation then the New Old Spice. I am expecting some vintage Old Spice Shulton cologne & a puck of Old Spice Soap in a mug. So bonus. I am set for a while. This pursuit has spun off & also this week I went out & bought the Old Spice Classic Body Wash & the Old Spice Signature cologne too. The Old Spice kick should pass now and I cant wait to find out what will grip me next. I never know when or what form the AD's will take ... but I cant wait to see what is next. :biggrin:

Beautiful haul, shm!

Is the 7 O'Clock razor a single-edge or a double-edge. If it's single edge, the patent on it lists one of the inventors as MJ.J. Myatt and it's a British razor. Not sure about date. Maybe mid-1910s to 1930.

If it's a double-edge (and from the handle, I'm guessing it is), it was made by the Gillette Safety Razor Company in London, probably made around the early 1930s.

The 7 o'clock is a DE, and I found some websites that states as you; that Gillette is the manufacturer.
1930's works for me, I was guessing 30's-40's because of the bakelite box, but this narrows it down for me - thanks.

Picked up this Concord Pure Badger shave brush last week off E-Bay. I dont need another brush but I liked the look of its retro handle ... so I bit. Not even sure when this baby was produced. If anyone has an idea please let me know cause it would be nice to fill in the blanks.

Apparently Concord is a brand that has been around since 1939.
I visited there Web site & they actually have a great variety of brushes and some pretty interesting Gentlemen's accessories like walking canes, shave brushes, cabinets & even their own shave soap :confused: which I have never heard of & might even give it ago someday.

Concord

Anways, if anyone has some background info it would be much appreciated :001_smile

Scored a Penchetta 24mm Silvertip from Tony.
ebay for a '67 slim - auction was for a gift package, unused NIB slim w/a couple of 5 packs of blades.
Typical ebay price. Given that the item was new I was willing to pay.
I posted this pic to SOTD earlier.
View attachment 68033

Happy Birthday to me...yes, this is old formaula...one from my wife, one from my mother in law, and one for someone here on B&B. And she picked me up the aftersahve (man that stuff is strong)!

Last edited:
I had to go out of town for a few days, so I hit the antique store
Red tip in case
Flair tip super speed
Gold lady
1934 open comb
A spotless open comb senator

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom