What's new

Acquisitions September 21 - 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice score, let us know how you like the Gillette New Open Comb you got in that lot, its one of my favorites, it provides an exceptionally close shave IMO :thumbup1:

I've been shaving with a Gillette New for a few weeks & it has become my favorite razor. I only bought the lot for the New Improved to add to the rotation, next I would like to purchase a New Deluxe then that will be it for the News I am interested in. Still like my Fatboy & am sticking with vintage Gillettes, hence I got rid of my 38C & Mergress.

Keen Kutter Kombination Barbers Hone...

proxy.php

proxy.php

Annoyed the one pic in the listing didnt show the head corrosion, but them be the chances on the big bay.... yarrrr:pirate:

1965 K-2

proxy.php

proxy.php

Just gotta find a Champagne now!

same thing happened to me today when I got my Gold Tech in the mail. the seller I bought it from on ebay said it was in like-new condition, even after I asked if it had any rusting or brassing. sure enough, when I opened the box the first thing I noticed was a bit of brassing on the head. I know i'm being nitpicky and the brassing isn't THAT big a deal but when a seller tells me that something is like-new and it isn't then it's a little irritating.

First two from top to bottom, other I have had a few weeks. They are all in very good to excellent condition. The pay off,,,,I got both "new" Fats for $35.00 shipped, and they are E-1 and E-3. Other Fat is G-1

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Cool little thing, blue leatherette, zipper works, 5 unused blades
proxy.php

Case made in Austria, razor date J1, not the aluminum handle, unused cond.
proxy.php

Forgot how tiny these can be!
proxy.php

I was looking for a Gillette Tech on ebay and put in a bid on an open-comb ball-end Gillette New (I think it's a New). The id number was F940001. I looked it up which indicates that this thing was made in 1918. The guy from whom I purchased this Razor did not know how to interpret date codes. It's in pretty sweet shape- still has some shine. Not bad for $11.00

-Andrew

I went back to the store where I got the Bostonian set for $35 to try and balance out the karma for getting such a good deal on that. I think karma is back in balance from picking up these. :smile:

The Gold Handled Tech and the Gems were mainly for the cases (although the handle on the Tech is probably one of the nicest ones I've seen - but the razor head is a different story). The Gem in the black box looks like it's from around 1916 - but the box is in near-perfect condition, as is the razor. The one in the ivory-like plastic box looks to be from around 1925, by the Gem badge. Gem also issued several models in plastic cases at that time and mine could be either the Marbelite or the Supreme (according to Waits' Compendium). This one is kind of in-between - more of an ivory appearance with striations.

I was tickled pink to find an entire Valet Autostrop set (original price $1.25!) with an unused strop and unopened blades. Not sure if it's a VC3 or VC4 model. Probably VC3, placing it around 1935-40.

While not really a blade collector, I couldn't pass up the four packs of unopened Blue Blades in their dispensers.

Got a package today with a whole bunch of stuff, let's see:
Old Spice mug
Straight razor-unknown origin
Ever-Ready 200T
Another nameless brush
A travel brush
A display box of Gold-tone razor blades with about 85% of the boxes left.
A Parkette Fountain pen from 1936

Cool little thing, blue leatherette, zipper works, 5 unused blades
proxy.php

Case made in Austria, razor date J1, not the aluminum handle, unused cond.
proxy.php

Forgot how tiny these can be!
proxy.php

hehe. looks similar to the one I just got. mine's also unused but from '63 and comes in a brown leather snap case

I've got to get me one of those travel gillette's they're quite slick.

This week I got a NOS Ever Ready Brush and a Genco B2 Straight. Will post pics tonight or tomorrow.

This is my full setup, basically all (not the AS or WH) arrived yesterday from BST forum (thanks to members involved).

Merkur 25C
"White bishop" vintage handle with golden nib silvertip knot

The bowl is just a $3.99 cereal bowl from Meijers.
The "brush holder" is actually a doll holder. At first I made my own out of a wire coat-hanger. When my wife saw it she gave me an attaboy for creativity and then she went to the craft store and ponied up the $1.79 so there wouldn't be a coat-hanger brush stand in our bathroom :wink: It's a perfect fit though. Not as nice as a chrome brush stand but for $1.79 it's hard to go wrong.

Not pictured are a couple razor samplers, also from the kindness of this community. I am overwhelmed with how thoughtful everyone has been.

Anyway- gave it a cursory try-out with a Derby blade (two WTG passes) yesterday as my first ever wetshave. Had no issues or challenges so this morning I went all out with 4 or 5 passes plus touch-up. Not BBS but I'd rather get there in due time than push my skin too far and not "get to" shave for a couple days :biggrin:

Thanks again for everybody's help and encouragement. I'm definitely converted 100%!

Like the gentleman just above, this is my first foray into wetshaving. Featured below would be

Shiny, just opened the box Merkur HD 34c
Economy blade sampler & a pack of Walgreens blades purchased locally
VDH Brush (local)
Nivea Balm (local)
OC Bigelow Shave Cream (local)
and an old cereal/soup bowl claimed from the kitchen.

full

I have used the brush and cream twice with my old Fusion, but I've loaded in a Derby blade and its time to see how this goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
This week's haul about broke me for the month!

1958 TV Super Speed (Near Mint)
NOS Vintage Merkur Slant from Chessman here at B&B
(2) Red Tips with cases (1 Mint, 1 Near Mint)
NOS Vintage Dubl Duck Brush
Barber Pole Blade Keeper

My Dad's SO (old high school GF, now re-united) brought me a Pocket Edition Gillette, I think it's a simple ABC, but not sure:
proxy.php
proxy.php

Then Yesterday I took here to a few antique stores, and she bought me another gift...
proxy.php

I think the scales are real amber. The box was with it, originally held 6 razors, and this one was in it's coffin in the box. I can't tell if this razor has ever been honed. So far I think it's from the early Boker period, between 1869 and 1900. I'm looking forward to sending it to a honemeister for an edge and possibly a little cleanup, as there's just a touch of rust on the tang between the scales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom