What's new

Acquisitions February 1 - 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Score Jon, you're now are go-to-guy for info on vintage soap.

I've seen those tubs for Yardley before, but not in as good of condition. you've done well!

thanks - put in the poorhouse by SOAP!

there are some items that I almost don't want to use (Yardley shave stick, the Wms shave stick) - but... I must. For B&B!

hahahaha

What a crazy hobby.

Does anyone know the model?

proxy.php
Looks like a President:
proxy.php

Not the right box, but looks like a nice find!

I'll start off with some stuff I got last week but didn't have time to post in last week's thread! Please excuse my poor photography skills. I can't seem to find a way to make the pictures look more professional. I guess I'll have to get a nicer camera. :blushing:

C.O. Bigelow Bay Rum cologne AND aftershave balm (a late Christmas gift from my awesome uncle)

And today my father came home from a trip to St. Louis. My grandparents called me about a week ago saying they had found three razors at an antique shop and bought all of them. Two have the original package and
blades, one is without them.

Here's the first one: a Gillette black handle adjustable. It looks like it's in PRISTINE condition.

The second one is a red tipped Super Speed. Very good condition as well. I can't wait to get some more experience under my belt and try this one out!

And finally, there's this beauty. I'm really not sure what model it is, but it needs to be cleaned up a bit. Does anyone know the model?

Thanks for looking and I'll greatly appreciate any information on that third razor! :001_smile

Wow :w00t:

Totally awesome score. You are very lucky
Enjoy :thumbup1:

These are my first significant shaving purchases of 2010 and I'm really pleased.

proxy.php

GFT Limes SS
L' Occitane Vetyver EDT
Merkur Slant
Penhaligon's Endymion ASB, shaving cream and EDT
Floris JF
T&H Super brush
Tabac soap

Time to give the shaving ADs a rest, I can hear a new watch calling:thumbup:

Pete

from dbay - three pucks of "Whisk-Off."

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

as with so much of the vintage soaps, there is virtually no scent, but it lathers like crazy!

[has anyone tried adding a drop or two of EO or edt/c/p to the lather bowl when lathering vintage soap? I'm interested in hearing how it worked....]

Nice score. Any idea of the age?

These are my first significant shaving purchases of 2010 and I'm really pleased.

proxy.php

GFT Limes SS
L' Occitane Vetyver EDT
Merkur Slant
Penhaligon's Endymion ASB, shaving cream and EDT
Floris JF
T&H Super brush
Tabac soap

Time to give the shaving ADs a rest, I can hear a new watch calling:thumbup:

Pete

Gee Pete, you don't do things by halves do you? Nice collection of shaving gear. What sort of a watch are you look for?

Gee Pete, you don't do things by halves do you? Nice collection of shaving gear. What sort of a watch are you look for?

Cheers mate. I had been really disciplined until the end of January and then I thought I'd cut loose. I did kinda go overboard:blush:
As far as the watch goes I'd love an Omega or a Rolex:thumbup: However, realistically it's gonna be a few years before I'm in the market for anything that pricey. In the meantime I've pulled the trigger on a Seiko Premier Kinetic Perpetual. I love Seiko watches and this one looks really classy.

Pete

Cheers mate. I had been really disciplined until the end of January and then I thought I'd cut loose. I did kinda go overboard:blush:
As far as the watch goes I'd love an Omega or a Rolex:thumbup: However, realistically it's gonna be a few years before I'm in the market for anything that pricey. In the meantime I've pulled the trigger on a Seiko Premier Kinetic Perpetual. I love Seiko watches and this one looks really classy.

Pete

Good move. Buy the best you can afford. I've got an Omega Seamaster that my wife bought for me on my 30th birthday (15 years ago). It's the best watch I've ever had. It will certainly outlive me. Rolex might be a good match but most of them are too blingy for my liking and if you search on eBay for watches between $5k-$10k, the majority are Rolex so they aren't too exclusive. I've managed to talk SWMBO into letting me buy an IWC GST perpetual calendar if I can find one for a good price.

Good move. Buy the best you can afford. I've got an Omega Seamaster that my wife bought for me on my 30th birthday (15 years ago). It's the best watch I've ever had. It will certainly outlive me. Rolex might be a good match but most of them are too blingy for my liking and if you search on eBay for watches between $5k-$10k, the majority are Rolex so they aren't too exclusive. I've managed to talk SWMBO into letting me buy an IWC GST perpetual calendar if I can find one for a good price.

You are right about going for what I can afford. I graduate at the end of next year and hopefully will be earning a decent living as a psychologist. That being said, I don't think owning an Omega is an unrealistic prospect. Good luck searching for your new watch, I hope you find what you want for the right price. Lets face it, the hunt is at least as good as the find:biggrin1:

Pete

Amazing that mint condition British Aristocrats still appear now & then. Some people are able to hold onto their prized possessions longer than others. I wonder how long I'll be able to do the same.

Would love to use it, but will just have to compromise with that one that has the less than perfect head closing issue -- the leftmost one of my 3 musketeers...

An old Super Speed I won oin e-bay for $9.01 arrived in today's mail. A little cleanup, and this 60 year old Gillette looks pristine!
The Skin Bracer, Old Spice Decanter 90% full, and Paul Sebastian cologne were all found by rummaging around under the sink in the Shave Den.. God only knows how long they've been there, if they were gifts or just how they came to be there, but there you have it.
Not bad for not having to leave the house on a snowy day! :biggrin1:

proxy.php

Amazing that mint condition British Aristocrats still appear now & then. Some people are able to hold onto their prized possessions longer than others. I wonder how long I'll be able to do the same.

Would love to use it, but will just have to compromise with that one that has the less than perfect head closing issue -- the leftmost one of my 3 musketeers...

you are outrageous.

Really. Out-rage-ous.

That is a FINE acquisition! Congratulations.

(Incidentally, mine has less-than-perfect door closing too - if you ever figure out a cure, please let me know.)

I purchase this Gillette Rocket Flare Tip off the BST earlier this week. The shave this morning was incredible.

The auction auto bidder has worked it's magic again.

First is a razor that is listed as military issue and a brand of AS&Co. It apparently has the arrow mark so I'll have to do a little homework on it. It also comes with a couple of old Gillette bades.

proxy.php

Next is what looks like a ball end Tech with a blade bank and tin box. I'm not sure the razor and box match but for the princely sum of UK0.99 pence, I'm not too worried.

proxy.php

Then came what looks to me like an Aristocrat. Either no one picked it or hardly anyone was interested because it only went for $13.16.

proxy.php

And lastly, not shaving related but because I like vintage things, I picked up a nice perpetual desk calendar to put on my desk at work.

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom