What's new

Acquisitions August 3 - 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations Henry! I was the second highest bidder but am glad the razor is going to a good home.

Last edited:
OK so I went a little nuts today and scooped up a bunch of beauties for my showcase....:blushing:...I wonder what the wifes going to say...(nothing, just "the look" is my guess).

Here they are, A "New" Traveler w/shipper, a Regent Tech case w/40's Aristocrat (Needed the case), A Red Tip w/hang card, A #66 w/shipper and price ticket, a #21 and a #22.

A good day all in all....

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Brilliant score Ray:001_tt1:

More straights, Henry? That SRAD is in full swing!

Well just the Mk 33 (and a Marsh & Sheppard, a Kaiser Ellison, a couple of hones, and a Chubby 2. This week.). The 32 and 31 I have had for a while. Regardless, the ADs are raging like a teenager's hormones. Still, I am well under 100 straights total. I think.

Congratulations Henry! I was the second highest bidder but am glad the razor is going to a good home.

Sorry...:redface:

Last edited:
I picked this up today at a local antique shop. I still need to clean it so these are my before pictures.Also, if anyone can help me determine what year it may be from that would be great.

Got the razor and brush off eBay. Razor from the 30s, brush from the 40s (as far as I know). Going to get the razor honed and cleaned and I'm going to refurb the brush myself with a new knot and a polishing/cleaning.

Last edited:
OK so I went a little nuts today and scooped up a bunch of beauties for my showcase....:blushing:...I wonder what the wifes going to say...(nothing, just "the look" is my guess).

Here they are, A "New" Traveler w/shipper, a Regent Tech case w/40's Aristocrat (Needed the case), A Red Tip w/hang card, A #66 w/shipper and price ticket, a #21 and a #22.

A good day all in all....

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Good god, where do you find these razors?

New stuff that arrived yesterday.

proxy.php

Rooney 1/2 Super
GFT Limes soap
GFT Coconut soap
AOS Sandelwood cream
TOBS Mr Taylor cream
DR Harris Arlington aftershave
Proraso aftershave
:w00t:

New stuff that arrived yesterday.

proxy.php

Rooney 1/2 Super
GFT Limes soap
GFT Coconut soap
AOS Sandelwood cream
TOBS Mr Taylor cream
DR Harris Arlington aftershave
Proraso aftershave
:w00t:

Enjoy that Proraso splash...best thing you got IMHO! One of the top 1 or 2 out there period...again IMHO :w00t:

My mom just gave me a Gillette Safety Razor, Red Tip C-1 (1957, I think) which belonged to my grandfather. It's been sitting in the bathroom closet since 1984, covered with dust and baby powder. There was a blade in it and the smallest rust spots of the blade contacting the razor.

I also scored a red tip off of e-bay for $8, a D-1. My plan was to clean it up as a trial run to not mess up grandfathers C-1.

When I get home, I'll post pictures before and after cleanup.

Last edited:
My mom just gave me a Gillette Safety Razor, Red Tip C-1 (1957, I think) which belonged to my grandfather. It's been sitting in the bathroom closet since 1984, covered with dust and baby powder. There was a blade in it and the smallest rust spots of the blade contacting the razor.

I also scored a red tip off of e-bay for $8, a D-1. My plan was to clean it up as a trial run to not mess up grandfathers C-1.

When I get home, I'll post pictures before and after cleanup.

The red tips are excellent shavers. I like the extra heft over the flare tip super speeds. One issue is that you should not be too afraid to use the razor that your grandfather used. If it has any history of use, and if you take good care of it (don't store it long term with a blade, rinse and dry for longer term storage, just wipe clean with daily use) it will stay in good condition even with periodic use. Gillette made these razors with a high level of quality. Just don't bang the TTO knob around to lose any more red tip paint.

I use the slim adjustable that my father handed down to me and although I treat it with loving care, it is still in my rotation! With only daughters in my family, I will have to pass it on to my grandsons!!

2 gillette techs with aluiminium handles 1 from 1961 in excellent condition £10.00 and 1 unused in case and 5 original blades and plastic wrapping £1.99, bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom