What's new

Acquisitions August 3 - 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

I'm just getting started on here, so I don't have a lot to report, but here it is:

full

Inlcudes a Lord DE Razor, a Merkur 23C (I think), a generic boar bristle brush, a Colonel Conk shaving scuttle (still working out how to use it), AoS Unscented Shave soap,Merkur Platinum Blades, Navarro Pharmacy blades (South Fla people will know what I'm talking about).

There's also a handmade ceramic shave mug from Etsy.com user sheilasthings, and the included handmade soap. And the Art of Shaving 3-piece unscented travel kit (shaving cream, pre-shave oil, and aftershave balm).

I think that's a relatively comprehensive inventory.

I'm pretty much going to try to limit my purchases to replacing supplies as I run out (aside from trying out a few new soaps, if I can). But I'm eager to try out stuff like T+H, Trumpers, Tabac, MWF, D.R. Harris, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I'll post this here until a new thread for this week is started..

New goodies from ShoeBox Shave

proxy.php

2 X Arko shave stick
Mitchell's Wool Fat Bath Soap
Shulton formula Old Spice ASL
Alcolado Glacial AS

OK so I went a little nuts today and scooped up a bunch of beauties for my showcase....:blushing:...I wonder what the wifes going to say...(nothing, just "the look" is my guess).

Here they are, A "New" Traveler w/shipper, a Regent Tech case w/40's Aristocrat (Needed the case), A Red Tip w/hang card, A #66 w/shipper and price ticket, a #21 and a #22.

A good day all in all....

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Ray, all your scores are amazing! Thanks for taking the time to post them all!

I can't compete with Ray, but this is my most recent ebay score (Merkur Barber Pole, Parker 91r, Parker 90r butterfly.)

I have a kind of love/hate thing with Parkers...they've given me some of my closest shaves, but they're also the only brand I've ever cut myself with.

We'll see what works. I'm always buying and reselling, trying to find that perfect setup.

That Gillette will make a nice shave :001_smile I really like it loaded with a Feather and am curious to find out how it performs with a red pack Personna or a Derby.
Shaves have been GREAT with the Personna blades! Haven't tried it with a Derby though.

Used it again this morning!!

proxy.php

The island of Bornholm is aparently a treasure trove of vintage shaving gear:

proxy.php

Brit. alu handle Gillette Tech and a really cool Ginge (old Danish brand) blade bank. More pics. in my Wiki under collectibles.

Both were given to me by the same friend that gave me the Swedish bayonet featured in my SOTD the other day.

Regards.

Jakob

OK so I went a little nuts today and scooped up a bunch of beauties for my showcase....:blushing:...I wonder what the wifes going to say...(nothing, just "the look" is my guess).

Here they are, A "New" Traveler w/shipper, a Regent Tech case w/40's Aristocrat (Needed the case), A Red Tip w/hang card, A #66 w/shipper and price ticket, a #21 and a #22.

A good day all in all....

Ray, those are amazing! I especially love the Regent case. Can I ask where you found them all in such good condition?

I believe the phrase is, "if it's free, it's for me".

My in-laws moved this past weekend, and my father-in-law was about to throw out this full bottle:

proxy.php

Needless to say, I snatched it up. It is my first time smelling Tabac, and I might be hooked...

A few fun scores, theyre the first gillettes ive gotten with cases. They make awesome sets! Now i see why people like the cases so much :biggrin:

proxy.php

'46-'47 Aristocrat

The gold plating is in amazing condition.

proxy.php

Gold Tech, 40s I think? It looks unused.

Also just got a bunch of Israelis, I dont want to burn through my remaining swedes too fast!

Got some TOBS Jermyn St Cream and a '56 SS in excellent condition for $6 also.

I believe the phrase is, "if it's free, it's for me".

My in-laws moved this past weekend, and my father-in-law was about to throw out this full bottle:

Needless to say, I snatched it up. It is my first time smelling Tabac, and I might be hooked...

What's better: the in-laws moving or the free Tabac? :lol:

After looking for over a year, one of these is finally mine! I don't think it had even been honed.

proxy.php

To put it in perspective, a picture with a couple of other Heljestrands:

proxy.php

From the bottom up:

1. C.V. Heljestrand Mk 31, Tortoise Shell scales
2. C.V. Heljestrand Mk 32, Ivory scales
3. C.V. Heljestrand Mk 33, plastic scales :)confused:)

While I don't normally rescale vintage razors, a Heljestrand in plastic scales is like a woman with one eye. I am thinking Hippo Ivory, if I can find someone to do it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom