What's new

Ach. Brito Mogno, a new Old School classic

Ive got a tube on the way... with no matching aftershave from the maker, what do you all like to pair with it?

something “oceanic and woody” I assume?

Thanks.

With Black Friday deals upon us, I took a chance and added some Razorock 'Acqua' aftershave to my order.
Let's hope I like it...

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Mine too ... amongst a glut of other stuff. It'll be a while before I get round to trying it though, as all the new soaps have gone in the drawer for "later". I don't want to open them until they're needed.

The rectangular shape of the puck is interesting.

Guess I can shave a bit off and press it into the bottom of the Captain's Choice Copper Bowl?

Maybe grate it into a round tin?

Or rub it on my face like a mega shave stick? ;)

@Marco - We need your guidance and advice. :cool:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The rectangular shape of the puck is interesting.

Guess I can shave a bit off and press it into the bottom of the Captain's Choice Copper Bowl?

Maybe grate it into a round tin?

Or rub it on my face like a mega shave stick? ;)

@Marco - We need your guidance and advice. :cool:

Dear David,

As I have already declared, you can us it either as a "giant" stick or as a traditional puck. Both ways work beautifully. As for the rectangular shape, do not be afraid of it: you can easily rotate your brush on its surface by using a circular motion and create a great lather. This is what I do with mine. After use, I just let the bar of soap air dry and put it back in its gorgeous vintage-style cardboard box.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Dear David,

As I have already declared, you can us it either as a "giant" stick or as a traditional puck. Both ways work beautifully. As for the rectangular shape, do not be afraid of it: you can easily rotate your brush on its surface by using a circular motion and create a great lather. This is what I do with mine. After use, I just let the bar of soap air dry and put it back in its gorgeous vintage-style cardboard box.

Thank you, Marco. Your advice is appreciated. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
shave 20201201.jpg

Razor: Gillette Tech/NEW Hybrid (England) (Charcoal Goods Copper Hammered Handle)
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (5 and retired)
Brush: OMEGA Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Ach. Brito Mogno
Aftershave: Floïd Vigoroso

Three passes + touch-up. No nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

The Ach. Brito Mogno is outstanding soap and a great bargain. I used it as a shave stick and also loaded some on the OMEGA Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle brush. Needless to say, I had a lot of lather. Nice slick lather that left my face feeling great. @Marco is spot on, this is very good soap. :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
David, two shaves in a row with the Mogno soap? It seems that you are starting to love this little gem from Portugal... ;)
Marco - Your recommendation of the Ach. Brito Mogno is much appreciated. It is an excellent soap. :)

I like it so much that I took your additional recommendation and ordered the Musgo Real. 😎

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
And? Please tell us more about what this soap is like. What would you compare it with? Is it like DR Harris, Provence Sante or Valobra? Is the scent a sparkling summertime Acqua di Gio, or a sweaty, hairy-chested Fahrenheit?
:laugh:
Lathers easily. Nice and slick. Very good post-shave face feel.

The scent is woody and fresh - not overpowering at all.

The puck fits nicely in my bamboo bowl. I load my brush with the puck in the bowl, then wipe excess soap off of the puck (back into the bowl) and set it aside to dry.

From there I can either build the lather in the bowl or on my face.

The Ach Brito Mogno is definitely added to my regular soap rotation. :)

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Lathers easily. Nice and slick. Very good post-shave face feel.

The scent is woody and fresh - not overpowering at all.

The puck fits nicely in my bamboo bowl. I load my brush with the puck in the bowl, then wipe excess soap off of the puck (back into the bowl) and set it aside to dry.

From there I can either build the lather in the bowl or on my face.

The Ach Brito Mogno is definitely added to my regular soap rotation. :)

Soon the Musgo Real puck will be added in regular soap rotation, too. :yesnod:

Top Bottom