What's new

AC Razors you prefer to the Vector?

This one’s easy….La Faulx. If you want Vector effectiveness get the ++ plate. Smooth and unbelievably a good shaver. My favorite AC by far.

I have/had: Vector, X1, SE1, Claymore Evo and General V2. The La Faulx tops them all for results and comfort. Remarkable really.

Thanks man. You got me very curious about this razor. The ac format for me thus far hasn't been great. But it seems highly blade dependent. And the Faulx seems to be held very high in your estimations. Just hope it doesn't turn out like the Athena for me. Granted I'm gonna try it a little more. It's crazy how so many claim its the Greek overlander. But for me it doesn't hold a candle to the gentleness and clamping of the overlander. Idk what could be wrong :(
It's interesting what you said about the Athena, in this context. I happen to love the Athena. Just shaved with it yesterday and got a solid 14 hour shave with -no- irritation at all. Did it again this morning. Same results. I love the Athena. That said, I find the shave of the Athena as close to that that of the La Faulx as might be possible, noting that they are of significantly different designs. If I am looking for a super close, super mild shave, I'm almost indifferent between the two.

Some notable differences:
  • The Athena is heavier
  • The Athena provides unique audible feedback that the La Faulx does not
  • The La Faulx is an AC blade - wider and stiffer (but the clamping and short gap on the Athena does a good job making a DE blade feel super rigid.
What about the Athena did you not like? I would hesitate to recommend the La Faulx to someone that does not like the Athena, without understanding why they didn't like the Athena.

Top Bottom