What's new

Your favorite AC Razor(s) (including modern Injectors)?

I've gotten to prefer AC razors and I'm looking the grail / goldilocks. What are your favorite AC razors (including modern injectors) and why? I'm talking razors like the Vector, Hawks, Shield Avenger, Stando Rod, Alpha Claymore Evolution, Parker Injector, etc.

I currently own a Hawk V2 and a Yaqi Remus (started cheap since it was an exploration/experiment). Both are really good. I'd like to get the efficiency of the Hawk V2 with the smoothness of the Remus (which is othewise too mild).

I tried the Vector SS many months ago but returned it for aggression. I think the issue at the time was being too new to wet shaving. I own virtually every AC blade, btw ...

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have 3 AC razors, each of them a gem. The Claymore Evolution was the first razor I purchased in Feb. of 2022, when I started this journey. Several months later, I got the ATT X1 AC Slant. It's about half a step up from the Claymore Evo and is outstanding. Just a few months ago, I bought the Atelier Durdan La Faulx "Classic" base plate in bronze. It might just be the best razor I've ever used. It's expensive, that is the only negative. It fits into the "mild but efficient" category like the X1. The Claymore is a bit milder: 10 hour shaves for me, rather than the 12 I get from the X1 and La Faulx.

I use the Claymore Evo around my nose with every shave. It is the best razor I have to get a few pesky whiskers that grow right next to my nose. The blade is close enough to the edges of the base plate/top cap that it allows for very close cuts.

I do have two Schick G injectors I inherited from my mother. I borrow one of them when I was a teen and had no idea what I was doing. Back then, I did better with her Gillette Super Speed, or at least, based on faulty memories, I think that's what she had. I haven't had the intestinal fortitude to try one again. I'm sure I'll get around to it. Some people here love the little Schick injectors.

I've gotten to prefer AC razors and I'm looking the grail / goldilocks. What are your favorite AC razors (including modern injectors) and why? I'm talking razors like the Vector, Hawks, Shield Avenger, Stando Rod, Alpha Claymore Evolution, Parker Injector, etc.

I currently own a Hawk V2 and a Yaqi Remus (started cheap since it was an exploration/experiment). Both are really good. I'd like to get the efficiency of the Hawk V2 with the smoothness of the Remus (which is othewise too mild).

I tried the Vector SS many months ago but returned it for aggression. I think the issue at the time was being too new to wet shaving. I own virtually every AC blade, btw ...
For AC razors I have a SS Vector, YAQI Romulus, Claymore Evo and an Asylum Rx V2. I find they all deliver excellent shaves. Between the Vector and Romulus, for me it's a toss-up when it comes to shaving. The Vector might be a bit more aggressive but I only notice that if I happen to let my mind wander while shaving. If a budget constraint was an issue, I could be happy with the Romulus and not look back. The Vector wins though because it's American made and I try to support American artisans first. The Claymore is a bit weighty but I think that helps make it an easy autopilot razor. The Asylum Rx is a heavy AC razor and it requires full attention. I also get great shaves from it but it's fourth in line and gets overlooked when it's time to select an AC razor.

Of 20 AC razors I've tried, Cobra Classic is my favorite, followed by Paradigm SE and Colonial General V2. These are my top 3 AC razors.

O.R.E.N., Alpha Claymore Evo and Vector, General V1, Rocnel SE50 are also good razors though they dont belong to my top3 AC razors.

I've only used the Vector, Hawk V2, and Hawk V3, and only for head shaves...and the Vector works best by far.

The V2 seemed more agressive and the V3 (Standard, safety bar) was very inefficient, so the Vector is my autopilot, no-brainerfor a very close and efficient shave.

I'm surprised by some of the comments that I've seen recently saying that the Vector is agressive, as that has not been my experience at all. Maybe it's because I'm using it only for head shaves.

For my face my favorite AC razors are shavettes: Feather SS, SR, DX, and Kai Kasho Captain woody.

In order of shaving comfort and ease of use:

1. Atelier Durdan La Faulx - no nicks or cuts, just pure pleasure. I have the machined stainless-steel version with classic base plate.
2. Razorock Hawk v3 (either standard or A base plate) - no nicks or cuts, very easy to use for comfortable shaves. Outstanding value for money.
3. Claymore Evolution SE - occasional nicks and cuts especially if I am not paying close attention, blade loading requires extra attention because of lose alignment and potential for blade wiggle.
4. Blackland Vector Ti - too much blade feel to be comfortable for my sensitive skin except after several days of hair growth, but design is truly outstanding and unique. I am not giving up on it.

Top Bottom