What's new

A special thank you to all the members and this site.....

I've been a DE shaver for 10 years now with my Merker Futur and my Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood soap, the Art of Shaving creams and shaving kits, Proraso Pre-Shave lotion, along with a few other shaving creams and a variety of blades from various manufacturer at my disposal which I've been quite happy with.

Now that I've been here a couple of weeks now placing posts and interacting with the forum here, learning of other new soaps and creams, learning of other razors that the members here use, I want to say a words to all you members out there that contributing to the forum...

I was quite happy with what I had going. Damn to you all... Damn to this site... for tempting me spend money on additional razors, new soaps, and new creams. I've placed 4 different orders to West Coast Shaving this past month. Oh look.... I just placed another order as I am typing this out. 5 orders now to West Coast Shaving. And couple of other orders for sample soaps and creams.

How am I supposed to make a living now with all of you showing off your soaps, creams, and razors ? How is a man supposed to live this way ??? Go on... Please... tell me !!!

I once had a joyful life before knowing of this site. Now its all about shaving. Shaving Shaving Shaving....

It begs the question....

Do I live to shave, or do I shave to live ??? Why is life sometimes so difficult ???!!!!

How does one stop the madness ???

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I've been a DE shaver for 10 years now with my Merker Futur and my Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood soap, the Art of Shaving creams and shaving kits, Proraso Pre-Shave lotion, along with a few other shaving creams and a variety of blades from various manufacturer at my disposal which I've been quite happy with.

Now that I've been here a couple of weeks now placing posts and interacting with the forum here, learning of other new soaps and creams, learning of other razors that the members here use, I want to say a words to all you members out there that contributing to the forum...

I was quite happy with what I had going. Damn to you all... Damn to this site... for tempting me spend money on additional razors, new soaps, and new creams. I've placed 4 different orders to West Coast Shaving this past month. Oh look.... I just placed another order as I am typing this out. 5 orders now to West Coast Shaving. And couple of other orders for sample soaps and creams.

How am I supposed to make a living now with all of you showing off your soaps, creams, and razors ? How is a man supposed to live this way ??? Go on... Please... tell me !!!

I once had a joyful life before knowing of this site. Now its all about shaving. Shaving Shaving Shaving....

It begs the question....

Do I live to shave, or do I shave to live ??? Why is life sometimes so difficult ???!!!!

This too shall pass... or it won't. ;)

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Do I live to shave, or do I shave to live ???

We need a good slogan. Then we can embroider it on a large circular patch centred around the badger logo for B&B, with "Live to Shave, Shave to Live" around it. Then we can identify each other in crowds. :)

We'd also need a secret handshake, some iconic recognition signals and a group cheer.

O.H.
Shavers, shavers, rah rah rah
Clean and spiffy, sis boom bah

Looks familiar…

Yup. Thats me !!! Trying out other venues of entertaining the troops here.

We need a good slogan. Then we can embroider it on a large circular patch centred around the badger logo for B&B, with "Live to Shave, Shave to Live" around it. Then we can identify each other in crowds. :)

We'd also need a secret handshake, some iconic recognition signals and a group cheer.

O.H.
Shavers, shavers, rah rah rah
Clean and spiffy, sis boom bah
And a logo. Like:

🤑

or

💸

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom

It begs the question....

You can't you just go from one rabbit hole to another 😁

When I started I had two DE razors, 1 soap, 1 aftershave and about 20 blades. Now I have a collection DE and SE razors, a straight and a shavette, 50 brushes, close to 100 soaps and aftershaves, and around 500 blades.

There was a time when men shaved with a sharpened piece of flint and some animal fat and thought they were getting a nice shave. Then new methods came around that involved sharpened metal blades and soaps made from combining animal fat with lye. Over the years, technology has improved further. The people here only alert you to the best alternatives they have found, whether it is an electric shaver, modern multi-blade pivoting cartridge, straight razor or replaceable blade shavette, DE safety razor, or SE safety razor. They discuss the best shaving soaps, preshaves, postshaves, etc. Whether you try them is entirely up to you.

Some forum members are minimalists who restrict themselves to a single razor, a single blade, a single brush, a single shaving soap and are happy with that arrangement. On the other hand, I shaved for over 50 years, but was never satisfied with the quality of my shaves. The shaves were never close enough and I always got irritation until I started exploring different razors, blades, soaps, differnt techniques, etc. It took me a lot of hours and a lot of money to experiment with the options, but now I get the best shaves of my life.

It is all up to you. All the forum does is provide you with options.

share discover GIF

Sounds like you need to hunt for a birth quarter Psycho Tech.

😈

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

It begs the question....

I truly love your posts, my poor soul understands what you are going through. When were new, we don't know what were doing, which way to go in this hobby. So we come here for advice, and we generally get plenty of it. We then begin our shaving journey by creeping up towards the rabbit hole. We look down at it and we say, no way I am not doing that.

Next thing we know, were not just stepping into the rabbit hole, were pool diving face first down the rabbit hole. Just in the last several weeks that I have been on this site, all within this month, I have spent 385 dollars on shaving gear. I just made another order yesterday, and am now waiting on that. Were completely lost, there is no help for us.

But I can relate, I feel your pain, but these are first world problems, so we should just enjoy that we have the freedom to enjoy this crazy shaving hobby. HEHE

Top Bottom