What's new

A real travel razor

For those of you that need your DE/straight razor even while traveling, this may be of less interest. But for those that want/need a quick, good shave while traveling light - you should check this out. I recently have been converted to "one bag" traveling. For more info, check out this site: www.onebag.com

THIS is the Avid-4 disposable razor.
proxy.php

Available at http://www.avid4.co.uk/

It is extremely thin and light, and the blades are in the dual handles that snap together. It has four 2-blade cartridges that use German steel. I think I would still want to have a travel brush and small cream/soap (of course, how would I know, I'm just starting to wetshave), but when every ounce on the shoulder counts, this one is it. They're not overly cheap, but if you order 6, they are about $6 each after shipping. $6 for four disposable cartridges in this form factor isn't that bad.

Just thought some of you frequent travelers might be interested. In any case, it's a cool design that I wish were available in the States. I ordered some and they are, as far as disposable shaving implements go, "cool." Definitely appeals to the gadget side of me.

Wow. Where did you find that? Does it work as advertised?

And is it as uncomfortable as it looks?

The travelongs are decent razors that work decently well. Gillette also made a travel razor that is 3 pieces that snaps together and works reasonably well. They can both be found at antique shops all over the place for a few dollars.

I have yet to use it. It looks a little scary!:w00t: I got it at an auction. I will have to give it a try sooner or later!

Top Bottom