What's new

A good article on fragrance families

A good read on fragrance families.
Clickity-click here to take you there.

An excerpt if you're wondering why you should care about this:

"And why should you care? Well, the most common use of the classifications is to help people find fragrances they might like without wasting time smelling things that aren’t to their taste"

An interesting read. Though the diagram is illegible unfortunately, but you can go through several clicks to see it... it would be nice to be able to get a copy of it... My argument is that I like to smell for myself. Words mean little to me of scents I have yet to smell. I can read and agree with the description, but often do not as I don't always understand the relationships of scent. Perhaps after years of smelling the different combinations I could build a solid base and distinguish the compounds, but even if a scent is undesirable I still need the experience of smelling it to make that decision. And it's more fun that way.

An interesting read. Though the diagram is illegible unfortunately, but you can go through several clicks to see it... it would be nice to be able to get a copy of it... My argument is that I like to smell for myself. Words mean little to me of scents I have yet to smell. I can read and agree with the description, but often do not as I don't always understand the relationships of scent. Perhaps after years of smelling the different combinations I could build a solid base and distinguish the compounds, but even if a scent is undesirable I still need the experience of smelling it to make that decision. And it's more fun that way.

Go to the "fragrances of the world" website, The link is at the end of the article.
You can view the wheel there as well as download some PDF documents that really help explain things further.

I find fragrances to be much more addicting than shaving gear.
Part of it is due to trying to decode the complex fragrances.

Top Bottom