What's new

A&E Summer Fig

From speaking with Peter previously, my understanding is every soap on the A&E website is offered in the Kaizen base that’s why they don’t specify since they all are. The exception is the shaving butter which is vegan and shares some ingredients and characteristics of the new K2 base. At this time the new K2 base is only offered to members of the Club, which you pay a monthly fee to be part of, on the Club site. I saw an announcement recently that they would be doing a public release of several, not sure if all, of the soaps in the new K2 base. From what I have seen the ones in K2 have K2 written on the label so it is obvious and states it is in the description
The fee is for 6 months, not monthly. Also, they do give a discount for each soap. If you buy several products, you have offset the fee of $12.95. The only catch is that you have to remember to cancel your membership when your six months is up. I join, buy some soaps then cancel.

The fee is for 6 months, not monthly. Also, they do give a discount for each soap. If you buy several products, you have offset the fee of $12.95. The only catch is that you have to remember to cancel your membership when your six months is up. I join, buy some soaps then cancel.

Oops, brain fart on my end. Thanks for correcting me on the 6 month membership, not monthly

I only have two A&E soaps (Asian Plum and Peach and Cognac, both Kaizen formula). Both are quite overpowering in scent, and to me a bit like very cheap artifical candy from the late 1970s (esp. the Plum when I compare it to Oriental Plum by Calani). I thought, well it's an American soap, so I have to count on overpowering more artificially scented stuff (it's like comparing Ketchup in the US and European version). It's the price to pay for American products (from a European perspective, of course). The soap itself is mindblowing. For me those soaps with Kaizen formula topped Stirling easily!
My recommendation: shave before you have a shower and you're good to go.

I actually like Summer Fig, fragrance and performance. It stands out as an un-flowery, green Spring fragrance, when so many of the seasonals are a bowl of petunias. I would class most of A&E's soaps in the mid-range of fragrance strength for me (can be strong off the puck, but more muted after the shave, even topped off with their AS). Top of the list for intensity to me are most of B&M's and CFG's (and all of the Bay Rums from Ogallala), and some of Stirling's and Oaken Lab's, which can last for days on me. Milder fragrance notes I've found in Noble Otter and Zingari Man's offerings, with T+S, Captain's Choice and Southern Witchcrafts' a notch above those in the mid-range.

Top Bottom