What's new

A Day At The Range/Gun of the day

My 12 son this today at 25 yards with an open site 22 Henry. I couldn’t even see it at that distance. Young eyes are incredible.
Always good to teach the young ones about the value of hard currency. :wink2: I have a bucket of steel plugs that I will happily trade for a bucket of those useless quarters.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Fridays are free-fire days! 🧐 Ruger Blackhawk shooting 250 grain RNFP, 5.8 Trail Boss.

full

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I get this... :kyle1:
Rob, knew you would! 👍 I also had just dropped a new trigger return spring in the gun this week... Took the pull to around three pounds.

🤔 Since I just made a hundred rounds, I'm up fifty for the week.

Got a bunch of Large Pistol Primers (LPPs) so that gun's going to get a bunch of use in the next two years.

Hopefully.

AA

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Good shooting!

The Manual says the sights are fixed at 15 yds, I agree, good shooting. I'm sure being production fixed sights, no two Wranglers probably print the same. I have seen grouping on Youtube showing some significant drop at 10-15 yds. But of course, we don't know if that was the wrangler's fault or the youtuber. :)

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Good shooting!

Ima gunna have to get out this week and post some pics like you and Chris did. I'm hoping my other mags from Wilson Combat comes in so I can take the Springfield along too.

I'm gonna shoot that Wrangler at 3 yds and put all the bullets thru the same hole and then come back here and post pics and lie and say it was at 15... ;)

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Hit the range this morning with a box of SK Standard Plus. Impressive results! Not sure it’s better than CCI SV but it is cheaper right now. 😊
4B9F2712-E4E1-4B74-A50E-F9D83A67FA97.jpeg

Not sure what happened with #10. ???
BBA39A4F-AE0E-475B-B91D-6958277957C0.jpeg

#1 was a cold bore. Best groups of the day...
CF4658BE-A72D-4AC2-B46A-040ADF4CE5E7.jpeg
8C7F8CC2-85E3-41AE-8FC0-D2C9323CD647.jpeg

After that a little impromptu real world testing. Caught these little buggers coming out from under the eves of my house. They were dispatched with RWS subsonic HP...
DF9D4A12-0AAD-4075-8FF2-F8E7C0B4C448.jpeg
3FDF8049-BADE-48C6-B801-3A56B792DC88.jpeg

Having Squirrel and Dumplings for dinner soon! I've been told to let the squirrels age for a week or so. They are cleaned, vacuum sealed, and in the fridge to rest!

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Hit the range this morning with a box of SK Standard Plus. Impressive results! Not sure it’s better than CCI SV but it is cheaper right now. 😊
View attachment 1239415
Not sure what happened with #10. ???
View attachment 1239416
Beat groups of the day...
View attachment 1239417View attachment 1239418

After that a little impromptu real world testing. Caught these little bugger coming out from under the eves of my house. They were dispatched with RWS subsonic HP...
View attachment 1239420View attachment 1239421
Having Squirrel and Dumplings for dinner soon! I've been told to let the squirrels age for a week or so they are cleaned, vacuum sealed, and in the fridge to rest!
Those should be delicious!

Good shooting my friend.

Top Bottom