What's new

A Day At The Range/Gun of the day

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Here she had a pretty wide group with the diminutive, little P365 on Mr. Boogeyman at 12 yards, so I took him out to 25 yds and put 6 rounds of 45 Long Colt in his upper chest with this...

IMG_0299.jpg

And 5 more rounds of .30-.30 dead center @25 yds, with this... :)

IMG_0297.jpg

OkieStubble

Here's a pic of my wife trying to group on Mr. Boogeyman's face @10 yds. I think the Sig P365 is somewhere between a 1/4 and a 1/2 inch shorter then her Glock 43, she had her job cut out for her trying to control muzzle flip. :)

IMG_0287 (1).jpg

Here she just went to town at about 5 yds...

IMG_0288.jpg

The grouping on the nose was me one handed. :)

OkieStubble

My son let me shoot his HK USP Compact .40.

IMG_0294.jpg

He didn't bring enough .40 ammo to share alot with the rest of the class, so I just shot 1 full mag of 13 and 3 mags with 8 rounds a piece.

Shot for group placement:

IMG_0291.jpg

OkieStubble

IMG_0296.jpg

8 round @10 yds

IMG_0295.jpg

8 rounds @25 yds,

IMG_0298.JPG

And finally, 12+1 @15 yds, my sweet spot. :)

Last edited:

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Today was another blast from the past; my 1923 Colt Police Positive in 38S&W. It rides in an old Bucheimer duty holster.

proxy.php

proxy.php

It's kinda neat I can still find ammo available for it without too much difficulty and I may bring it into the rotation of carry guns. It is remarkably reliable and accurate; classic vintage Colt.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Today was another blast from the past; my 1923 Colt Police Positive in 38S&W. It rides in an old Bucheimer duty holster.

proxy.php

proxy.php

It's kinda neat I can still find ammo available for it without too much difficulty and I may bring it into the rotation of carry guns. It is remarkably reliable and accurate; classic vintage Colt.

Now that is a class act. I bet that 22 ounce D frame is a joy to carry. I'm still looking for a Police Positive Special.

That old Bucheimer looks to be in excellent shape.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Now that is a class act. I bet that 22 ounce D frame is a joy to carry. I'm still looking for a Police Positive Special.

That old Bucheimer looks to be in excellent shape.
I have a couple old Bucheimers, that one is a NY holster and I have a Maryland one that I use with my Dan Wesson 15-2 6 inch.

proxy.php

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I have a tan one similar to those that Granddad had for his .22. I'll have to look at the maker's stamp when I get back home. Classic.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I have a tan one similar to those that Granddad had for his .22. I'll have to look at the maker's stamp when I get back home. Classic.
Bucheimer just used a printed label on the back of the belt flap. Princess is pointing to a typical Bucheimer stamping.

proxy.php

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Bucheimer just used a printed label on the back of the belt flap. Princess is pointing to a typical Bucheimer stamping.

proxy.php

I'll check mine out when I get back in a couple of days.

Let's see a glamour shot of Princess!

OkieStubble

Took the little Sig P365 to the academy range yesterday and put it thru 3 timed qualification courses. 25 rounds per qual, 25, 15, 10, 5, and 3 yds. 4points per round.

1st qual: 80/100

2nd qual: 84/100

3rd qual: 92/100

Current to Date: 500 rounds total so far thru the Sig P365. No issues.

Last edited:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista

proxy.php

Granddad's holster is a Brauer Bros. Probably bought in the '50s or '60s. Looks like I need to clean the old thing up a bit.

DSC_0002 (2).JPG

DSC_0009 (2).JPG

DSC_0006 (2).JPG

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Did a quick clean-up of the Brauer Bros. holster. Nothing major but it does look a bit better.

Next up...a bit of backyard range time with Granddad's old .22 revolver.

DSC_0004 (2).JPG

Top Bottom