What's new

A Begginer's PIF

That is a great PIF! Looking at it its almost a full starter pack for someone just beginning. Just missing two things. So.... You pick the winner and I will throw in a New Shaving Brush and a Like New Merkur 23C long handle. Just let me know where to send it.

I'm in! Nice PIF!

My best tip to a beginner is "with the grain each pass with no pressure is a perfectly acceptable way to achieve a weeper-free DFS"

I'm IN. One thing that I found to be nice is to squeeze out the soap from your brush for your third pass. When you gently squeeze it, the soap thats in there all comes out and use that for the third pass. It seems to be a thicker, yet still incredibly moist texture and gives that little extra cushion for the third pass.

That is a great PIF! Looking at it its almost a full starter pack for someone just beginning. Just missing two things. So.... You pick the winner and I will throw in a New Shaving Brush and a Like New Merkur 23C long handle. Just let me know where to send it.

That is a tremendous offer, Mtn Man! I will let you know. Are you okay shipping to US? And thanks again!

I'm in. My best tip would probably be to try everything that you can. Some things will irritate, some things will not lather with your water. SAMPLES SAMPLES SAMPLES!!!!

Not in. However I would recommend trying different blades until you find one that suits your face. I find a big difference in how smooth some blades seem to me.

I'm in. I would love to trade you. I have Personna lab blues, and Gillette Silver blue. I'd like to try feather and barrister/mann soap

I'm in Thanks. My best tip is Don't chase BBS, it is better to settle for irritation free CCS or DFS. One day when all the stars align BBS will just happen.

I'm in. What an amazing PIF! I just started wet shaving a week ago and still on a big learning curve but for my tip I suggest "baby steps" just like Bob.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great PIF, count me in!

My tip would be to go with what works for you. By all means, if everyone else likes a soap or razor give it a shot, but don't force it just because you're "supposed" to like it. For example, I see a lot of love for the Fatboy but I hated mine on all settings (it was the curvature of the caps). Got several very bad shaves by trying to force it...

I'm in!!!

Tip: technique technique technique.
Don't always assume bad shaves are due to wrong blades, soaps, ect. Yes they play a big roll, and yes they effect the shave, but if your technique is bad all of the money you spent on stuff is no good.

Last edited:
There are many great tips here! I'm considering making a list. And I will choose by random, using a random number generator, on Tuesday. Thanks again for participating.

Eric

Top Bottom