What's new

7 OClock & RR .68

B

Barney14

Has anybody tried both the 7 OClock OC and Razorock .68 safety bar.

How do they compare

No clue but love my RR GC 68 OC, great daily shaver for me when needed. I also have the SB 76, OC/SB 84 & SB105 for when the stubble is trouble for me.

The 7 OClock - never had or wanted it...
BFX

lasta

Blade Biter
Haven't tried the 7 O'Clock, but have tried the English Flat Bottom New. I would assume they are very similar.

The New is noticeably more blade forward than the GC68, I would even say more than the GC84.

The 68 is barely positive exposure. BBS capable, but needs quite a bit of buffing work.

If we’re comparing the GC .68 to the flat bottomed 7 o’clock I get a smoother and closer shave with the 7 o’clock using Permasharps.

the .84 is a touch too much and tends to do a bit of weepers for me. I thought something in the middle would be perfect for it and they came out with the .76 soon after which may be a better investment. Shows OOS though. I use more aggressive Polsilver SIs in those though. Not apples to apples but the GC didn’t impress me like the hype led me.

B

Barney14

If we’re comparing the GC .68 to the flat bottomed 7 o’clock I get a smoother and closer shave with the 7 o’clock using Permasharps.

the .84 is a touch too much and tends to do a bit of weepers for me. I thought something in the middle would be perfect for it and they came out with the .76 soon after which may be a better investment. Shows OOS though. I use more aggressive Polsilver SIs in those though. Not apples to apples but the GC didn’t impress me like the hype led me.
The GC .68 is a very good razor, well made etc but it only really provided a DFS the 7 O'clock on the other hand gives BBS, in the 2 weeks I have been using it no cuts or weepers, only on its first use I had some irritation but as I got used to it none at all.

Its a pleasure to use and for £30 its great value

Top Bottom