What's new

404 days =s 15 cents a shave

MdC is not a milled soap (has all the native glycerin) and achieves these g/shave numbers by virtue of being cured for 6-9 months according to their site info. Hey, American artisans, are you listening? Crickets….

Pre de Provence is a triple or quad milled soap, likely as cheap to use as Arko and a good bit better performance.

Putting things in terms of cost per shave makes all soaps appear cheaper! It might be more revealing to calculate how much you would pay to shave the equivalent of one jar of Martin de Candre. Turns out, even though MdC is an expensive soap, relative to some others cost is mid-range.

Estimating:

404 shaves with Arko => $7.20 or 12% of MdC.

404 shaves with Pre de Provence => $16, or 26% of MdC.

404 shaves with Wholly Kaw donkey milk => $132, or 221% of MdC.

I used to use only cheap soaps, and thought it did not make sense to spend extra in expensive soaps. Now I have 4 MDC and a few SV, I tend to use them primarily and do not regret in doing so. I have crossed out some of the beloved medium price soaps and there are several I haven't tried. I think with what I have , will be enough. Do I calculate the daily expense: no. I have already bought them and don't need to justify it to anyone......but it 's interesting who different things are. People say: I can get from point a to point b driving a VW and there is no difference when compared to a Porsche....both transport you there *I thought that before, just like the soap*; but now realize there is a significant difference, not only in price, and some people value that difference.
All in all, use what you like, spend if you have $ and never get in debt (NEVER for shaving stuff). BTW I am obsessed with numbers, while driving I have always checked prices and know where and how much gas is, I know how much I spend for supermarket items and know what the prices are at different supermarkets and have done so to keep my brain active and save a few dimes.....

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I used to use only cheap soaps, and thought it did not make sense to spend extra in expensive soaps. Now I have 4 MDC and a few SV, I tend to use them primarily and do not regret in doing so. I have crossed out some of the beloved medium price soaps and there are several I haven't tried. I think with what I have , will be enough. Do I calculate the daily expense: no. I have already bought them and don't need to justify it to anyone......but it 's interesting who different things are. People say: I can get from point a to point b driving a VW and there is no difference when compared to a Porsche....both transport you there *I thought that before, just like the soap*; but now realize there is a significant difference, not only in price, and some people value that difference.
All in all, use what you like, spend if you have $ and never get in debt (NEVER for shaving stuff). BTW I am obsessed with numbers, while driving I have always checked prices and know where and how much gas is, I know how much I spend for supermarket items and know what the prices are at different supermarkets and have done so to keep my brain active and save a few dimes.....
Perfectly stated.

Top Bottom