What's new

40% off Proraso at Burlington Coat Factory

Came up with two full-sized tubes of Proraso Green for $2 each at TJ Maxx. It's out there, you just gotta go exploring.

SAM_1936.JPG

I get my Veg here oddly enough.
The only place I've ever seen The Veg on a shelf is at The Bed, Bath and Beyond in Cherry Hill, NJ. That location has an extensive shaving section. The other local BB&B stores carry next to nothing.

Burlington Coat Factory headquarters are not far from here, but they have surprisingly few retail stores in South Jersey. I'll have to Google up to see where they are and try to score some of that Proraso.

I've been stopping at the local Burlington every week or two. Finally hit a green tub of Proraso for 3.00 today.

Count your lucky stars. I've seen full-size green tubs at burlington but they've all been heavily used and returned. One store had three, but each one was no good. This story has repeated itself more than once. I've had better luck at TJ Maxx and there are a lot of stores in the city, several I still have not been to.

I've revisited some of the stores mentioned above and haven't yet seen any replenished stock. The Proraso tubs I saw at a couple of them are now gone. All I've seen are some Ed Hardy gift sets on clearance. The shave stuff is pretty much gone.

I was out and about yesterday and stopped into two more TJ Maxx stores and one Burlington. I'm starting to notice a pattern: The more upscale the neighborhood of TJ Maxx, the less likely I was to find anything. Both from yesterday (and one from a few weeks ago) were in middle/upper class neighborhoods and yielded zero results. Nothing, zilch. Burlington was a few blocks away from one of the TJ Maxx stores, it had a proraso white tub which I picked up but not much else. So, if you're pressed for time/distance, either stick with Burlington (They always have something) or find a TJ Maxx in a less than desirable neighborhood for the best possible outcome.

Also worth mentioning is to inspect your proraso tubs, especially the green ones, because a lot of them have been used/returned. There should be an indent of a swirl on the top. It might have a finger pushed into it or something to that effect, which personally didn't influence my buying decision. The edge of the soap should be close to lining up to the jar. If you have a pocket scale, tubs should weigh ~185g and tubes should weigh ~161g.

Last edited:
I checked the closest Burlington and they had nothing of interest. No Proraso. Nothing much at all related to shaving.

The colognes they had in stock were run of the mill and overpriced.

I did see a Wahl beard trimmer that was only $10. I may go back for that next week.

Top Bottom