What's new

Weatherwool Products

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
So i havent posted in this forum in quite some time. The hermit life of Covid got to me, and i just didnt go out anymore. Changed the diet and am feeling a bit better about getting back out.

Ive been picking up some wool outerwear lately. which leads me to this post.

So Weatherwool is quite spendy, but they are 100% made in the USA. Family owned and operated. The owner, Ralph, encourages people to call him 24/7 if they ever have any questions on his products. His wool is woven here in the states as well with a special process.

I was debating between a Filson Mackinaw Wool coat or a Weatherwool All Around Coat. The Weatherwool is almost double the price, but also comes with a bit more bells and whistles. Also, Filson is moving away from 100% US made, if thats what youre into. The jackets are made in the states with imported material. Again, if youre looking for a 100% US made item, that is not it.

So I actually called an audible and ended up going with a Peacoat. Due to my size, Ive never been able to find a military surplus Navy Peacoat. I fell in love with the Weatherwool Peacoat and decided to pull the trigger. After i placed the order, Ralph sent me an email and thanked me for the purchase (at 2250 his time). Definitely wasnt an automated email. They have a 100% satisfied guarantee, which you can read up more on.

Now I pray it fits..haha. But ill try to get some pics up when it arrives next week.

Does anyone own any Weatherwool products?

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I don't have an Weatherwool pieces, but have heard good things about them. Nothing wrong with supporting small shops, even though it costs more. AFAIK, Filson's Mackinaw wool articles are still MiUSA and wool mainly comes from certain places like the UK and New Zealand, so personally I'm not too concerned that it's foreign sourced. My Filson clothes are extremely high quality. But I'm glad Weatherwool is an additional option. Enjoy your peacoat!

Now I pray it fits..haha. But ill try to get some pics up when it arrives next week.

Does anyone own any Weatherwool products?

Please do. And thanks for turning my head toward Weatherwool... out of my budget, but it was an informative browse.

I'm a big fan of peacoats; own three of them. I'd be very interested in your thoughts about your new acquisition.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Please do. And thanks for turning my head toward Weatherwool... out of my budget, but it was an informative browse.

I'm a big fan of peacoats; own three of them. I'd be very interested in your thoughts about your new acquisition.

Something I found interesting is their Lending Library. You can basically try out one of their products in the library for 1-2 weeks and put it through the paces for the low cost of $30. One would think there is a catch, but nope. Its used/returned items that can no longer be sold as new. You either get the option of tryinng and then buying at a discout, or sending it back and then you can buy new

My Peacoat will be here on Thursday

Top Bottom