What's new

3D RAZOR STAND

I just received a 3D plastic razor stand for 5 razors which I purchased from NortonCustomDesign on Etsy. This stand was made per my specifications and can be modified to fit your needs also. The stand is secured by 2 screws and can hold nearly any razor. This makes my razor den much neater and more manageable.
I thought this would be a good item for this forum to consider. I have no interest financial or otherwise in this company.View attachment 1719721View attachment 1719722
Btw, how do you like/compare your Athena with your other razors? Is that an iKon X3? I believe I have the same razors shown here as you with the exception of the Leaf and Lambda (great minds 😉).

Btw, how do you like/compare your Athena with your other razors? Is that an iKon X3? I believe I have the same razors shown here as you with the exception of the Leaf and Lambda (great minds 😉).
That is the old rack with some older razors I have. I hated the X3. To me the Ares V2 and the Athena SS are top of the tier of high end modern razors. The T2 SS is a wonderfully, mild razor, a bit too mild for me. I have since bought the Merkur Progress and am rethinking the purchase of the Blackland Osprey.

FWIW, PLA (the prototypical FDM filament used), actually has slightly higher tensile strength than PETG. However, PLA is more brittle than PETG and thus more prone to shattering. Additionally, PETG has some other unique properties such as a higher melting point (which can cause some printing difficulties), UV resistance, … I can go on but won’t for everyone’s sake lol. In any event, due to it being PETG, if you were inclined to “smooth” the filament lines, even though I don’t think it’s necessary, you can look up some post-processing techniques.
DoctorPorsche, i took the liberty of presenting your query to Zach Norton. His reply follows:

"You’re right about PLA vs PETG and that’s why I print with it, so I print everything out of it, even personal things. So my printers are upgraded to take that temperature.

As for smoothing, all methods will just make the product cost more regardless for labor. I personally don’t have time to smooth/sand/paint due to having a full time career.

Although If people want it smooth/sanded/painted, they could always do it themselves and save the money of someone doing it for them like me."

That is the old rack with some older razors I have. I hated the X3. To me the Ares V2 and the Athena SS are top of the tier of high end modern razors. The T2 SS is a wonderfully, mild razor, a bit too mild for me. I have since bought the Merkur Progress and am rethinking the purchase of the Blackland Osprey.
Nice to hear we’re simpatico on our thoughts. I completely agree on the X3 and T2 SS. Merkur Progress was my first DE safety razor and I had some quality issues with the cast. As beautifully crafted and machined as the Osprey is, it wasn‘t for me. I love my Blackbird Ti though. I’ve been considering ordering a Lambda so I think this tips me over the edge to get one 😅

DoctorPorsche, i took the liberty of presenting your query to Zach Norton. His reply follows:

"You’re right about PLA vs PETG and that’s why I print with it, so I print everything out of it, even personal things. So my printers are upgraded to take that temperature.

As for smoothing, all methods will just make the product cost more regardless for labor. I personally don’t have time to smooth/sand/paint due to having a full time career.

Although If people want it smooth/sanded/painted, they could always do it themselves and save the money of someone doing it for them like me."
Thanks for letting me know! Zach Norton seems like a great person to work with!

Nice to hear we’re simpatico on our thoughts. I completely agree on the X3 and T2 SS. Merkur Progress was my first DE safety razor and I had some quality issues with the cast. As beautifully crafted and machined as the Osprey is, it wasn‘t for me. I love my Blackbird Ti though. I’ve been considering ordering a Lambda so I think this tips me over the edge to get one 😅
My understanding is that there are some Athenas available on the Lambda website at a great price. No wait list. If you are interested, grab it now.

Thanks for letting me know! Zach Norton seems like a great person to work with!
Zach is the best. He will always reply to any questions or even suggestions regarding his existing lineup or other ideas.
He is my "goto" for 3D creations. Best of all, his creations are all at reasonable prices.

I’ve been reading some threads on comparisons between it and the Tedalus Velocity-One, among others. It seems like it’s very sought after
I don't have the Velocity, but I have communicated with a poster who has the Velocity and the Ares. Shave quality wise they perform the same but the Ares is 1/4 the price. No brainer to me, IMHO

I don't have the Velocity, but I have communicated with a poster who has the Velocity and the Ares. Shave quality wise they perform the same but the Ares is 1/4 the price. No brainer to me, IMHO
Wow! That’s incredibly high praise! The Ares is a “bargain” by comparison.

Just bought one! Thank you for the advice
Now the hardest part, the WAIT. :)
You will absolutely love this razor. It is amazingly smooth, comfortable and very efficient.
You will now have to post all your opinions on the Lamda Ares thread and the Lambda Lovers thread.
Happy New Year.

Now the hardest part, the WAIT. :)
You will absolutely love this razor. It is amazingly smooth, comfortable and very efficient.
You will now have to post all your opinions on the Lamda Ares thread and the Lambda Lovers thread.
Happy New Year.
Exactly!!! I’m incredibly excited! I really shouldn’t have, but I couldn’t resist considering all of the high praise and I know they’re almost always sold out. I certainly will! Happiest of New Years to you and yours 😊

Top Bottom