What's new

365 shaves in 2021.

Shave #114. Another very good pairing. A Kai in a Timeless Slim Ti.
Imagepipe_7.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 115 for 115 = 100%
Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB
Blade: Schick Proline (7 and retired)
Brush: Rudy Vey AS3M Dark Knight (Shavemac 26/52 D01 3-Band)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Pré de Provence No.63
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal
20210425_114838~2.jpg

Excellent shave! :cool:

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, April 26th 2021- #155 of 115

Razor: Gem Jr bar lather catcher- Mfg 1907-11, milder mid range, just a great razor with nice audio feedback, carefree shave!
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (7) excellent blade, very sharp, good longevity, nicely smooths out + predictable.
Soap: Proraso Red Sandal wood- great lather qualities, different sandalwood scent.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm boar bristle- nice feel to this brush but it is a shedder like they mentioned when buying on the cheap.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red sandalwood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Gem Jr bar with a coated Gem blade.

MMMonday, April 26th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 116 for 116 = 100%
Razor: Blackland Razors Sabre L2
Blade: Personna GEM (7 and retired)
Brush: Lowborn Supply Jaded Rose (Maggard 24mm SHD Fan knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Pré de Provence No.63
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal
20210426_161025~2.jpg

Excellent shave! :cool:

Last edited:
DE SOTD, Thursday, April 15th 2021 #105 of 105

Razor: Razorock Wunderbar slant- Mfg 2017> excellent slant, very light touch works well, very efficient and can be aggressive at times.
Blade: Gillette 7oClock SP (Black)(1) excellent blade, Sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity. One of my favorites.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum & Sandalwood, nice scent + great lather qualities. My new boar brush did not perform that well with this soap. Still needed more soap load I'm thinking. Synthetics no problem.
Brush: New Yaqi 24mm boar brush, this boar seems to have a great feel to the face with not much scretchyness at all with good backbone.
Pre shave: Brush(yaqi Cashmere 24mm knot daily with a black marble handle) wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Ogallala Bayrum with Sandal wood + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar slant with a Gillette 7oClock.
DE SOTD, Thur, April 15th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

A man of style and class I see! I love the Ogallala bay rum scent. The only reason I would want to change soaps is if I could find a crisp key lime shave soap.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
A man of style and class I see! I love the Ogallala bay rum scent. The only reason I would want to change soaps is if I could find a crisp key lime shave soap.
I bought some just before last Christmas and always wanted to try some . Ogallala has Nice soap and Aftershaves, its not a loud scent but has some lasting power and turns my crank. I guess we are on the same conclusion of Ogallala products.

Monday 26th April, shave #116.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: MWF
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: GC.68 SB, Astra SP #7
Post-shave: Brut AS, Nivea Replenishing Balm.

Got a BBS face and DFS neck with the Game Changer.

This version of Nivea balm (blue box, transparent glass bottle, contains alcohol) works better for me than Sensitive (white box, opaque bottle, alcohol-free).

None of my other soaps works as well as The Fat, but I could do with a bit of novelty...

Top Bottom