365 shaves in 2021.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Tuesday 20210420
365 Shaves in 2021: 110 for 110 = 100%
Razor: Gillette Post-War Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (5)
Brush: AP Shave Co Elegant Emerald (24mm Synbad Knot)
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal
20210420_195050~2.jpg

Day 110 ~ Shave 111 ~ Score 8/10

A&E St Barts
Omega 599
Merkur 37C
Kai (2nd use)
A&E St Barts AS

A nice scent on this soap but the puck is really soft so I just ended up with a thick paste on the tips of the brush. The face lathering portion of the shave was therefore a bit of a mission today. However, once lathered up the performance was great. I can see why A&E have a loyal following.

IMG_20210420_153241573~5.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thur, April 22nd 2021, #112 of 112

Razor: Razorock German 37 slant-Mfg 2016>, excellent razor, got my first true BBS with this razor, very efficient for a mid range.
Blade: Gillette 7oClock SP(Black)(5) excellent blade, Sharp& Smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea croap- very interesting scent, excellent lather qualities + good post shave!
Brush: Yaqi Artic sky 24mm, Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips + great scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead sea aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper = :a17: Excellent shave with my RR German37 slant with a Gillette 7oClock SP.

DE SOTD, April 22nd 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Thursday 22nd April, shave #112.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: MWF
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: GC.68 SB, Astra SP #4
Post-shave: Hyaluronic acid, Nivea 2-Phase Lotion.

Tried using MWF for my pre-shave face wash, instead of the usual Simple unscented bar soap.

I'm not sure if that helped, but it certainly did no harm. Since the GC.68 is now well tamed, tried a more ambitious ATG on my neck, and got a better result on the problem area (left hand side).

BBS face and DFS+ neck.

Friday 23rd April, shave #113.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: MWF
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: GC.68 SB, Astra SP #5
Post-shave: Nivea Balm.

Tried to improve my ATG neck shave again, and got what must be the closest result so far.

BBS face, near-BBS neck. There wasn't any damage or obvious irritation, but hedged my bets with Nivea balm post-shave.

Top Bottom