What's new

365 shaves in 2021.

Shave #107
4E81300A-685F-4A77-A692-691EDCA4C984.jpeg

Saturday 17th April, shave #107.

Shave #107 was a rare (for me) gem shave. Really good shave with no issues.

I've yet to try an SE razor, but...

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: MWF
Bowl: Victorian Silver
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: GC.68 SB, Astra SS #1
Post-shave: Hyaluronic acid, Nivea Balm.

Tried an Astra SS, and didn't like it. It felt sharp, but in an unsmooth way. Got an acceptable first pass out of it without drama, but using it ATG didn't feel like an experience I would get through unscathed. Settled for a SAS.

Maybe they get smoother on shave 2, or could be tamed with a Rockwell R2 plate, but I'm going to use a different blade tomorrow, and enjoy it. :confused1

Sunday 18th April, shave #108.

Razor: GC.68 SB, Astra SP #1
Post-shave: Hyaluronic acid, Nivea 2-Phase lotion.

Loaded up a fresh Astra SP, and everything was back to normal. Got a BBS face, DFS neck, and no irritation.

I can't believe how different the Astra SP and SS are! Maybe I loaded a dud SS yesterday.

Monday 19th April, shave #109.

Razor: GC.68 SB, Astra SP #2
Post-shave: Hyaluronic acid, Nivea 2-Phase Lotion.

BBS face and DFS+ neck. Maybe one of these days I'll manage a perfect neck shave. This razor with light aluminium handle (52g all in) is the likeliest contender so far.

Day 109 ~ Shave 110 ~ Score 10/10

Razorock XXX
Omega 599
Merkur 37C
Kai (1st use)
Razorock XXX AS

A great shave to start the day! The soap and splash smell fantastic, the little brush is awesome and the razor/blade combo is just about perfect.

IMG_20210420_083047217~2.jpg

Tuesday 20th April, shave #110.
Mission 30% complete with 0 misses.

Razor: Rockwell 6S R3, Astra SP #4
Post-shave: Hyaluronic acid, Nivea 2-Phase Lotion.

Tried putting the Rockwell head on a Windrose RA3 Ti handle, and it was 30g lighter at 88g. (The Al handle makes it top heavy, so isn't a good match for the Rockwell).

The lightened Rockwell felt more agile, and the Ti handle looks good. Relaxing DFS, and got a better than average neck result again.

Top Bottom