What's new

2K: Reflections, and PIF

Well, here it, post 2000. I was amazed I even amassed 1000 (especially in less than a year), now as I sit at 2000, I reflect...well, that was fun.
But seriously, this place is an amazing place, full of very good people, very interesting people, and very interested people. I first entered this site on a request from Micah1_8 to check out a couple of his posts. I wanted to comment, but had to register to do so. I was a bit apprehensive at first, not being the type to participate online much. Oh sure, I browse quite a bit, but not really committed to anything, since I know I could never keep it up on a consistent basis. Thus, I have noMySpace page, blog, etc. I do have a Yahoo 360 page, but haven't done much to it. So I signed up, got involved and BAM!!! everyone can now waste a few more moments of their life reading my useless drivel. But, seeing as I've benefitted so much from the community, and my contributions are typically less than minimal, especially with my meager attempts at humor, and trying to compete in political discussions that I have no more knowledge in than I do about why water is wet, I've decided that a newbie PIF is in order. I'm still working on the specifics at the moment, but it will include:
* a razor - probably a 1966 black handle silver TTO knob Super Speed, L4 date code
* a brush - probably a new, unused Burma Shave, possibly a 5 month old, used-but-clean Tweezerman
proxy.php

* blades - several packs, and several individual blades, so you can get a wide range of experience; probably will include Red Pack Personnas, Derbys, a couple of Merkurs, Dorcos, and Crystals;I'll have to see what I have
* I may very well squeeze some Proraso into a cleaned out Derby shave cream sample container
* I'm in talks with Uncle Albert about a solid cream shaving cake; if all goes well, the lucky winner will be the only one to use it not in a 5 mile radius! (I may use my powers of persuasion for an Uncle Alberts AS, but he may kick me in the berries for asking so much of him); if not, then a puck of Van Der Hagen Deluxe

I hope to provide everything a newbie may need to get into the traditional wet-shaving lifestyle.
The only thing I ask is that you be a new member looking to get gear for the first time
Now, since this is about me :biggrin1:, I'd like you to get to know me, so here's challenge: I have some numbers that in some way or another are special to me, your challenge is to figure out what the meaning of particular numbers I frequently use is. Here are the numbers:
-

Here are some rules and hints:
up to three tries, but please do not edit a previous post; first one to get the most right wins
you should be able to figure out the meaning of the numbers with some searching and logical deductions, but I'll give some hints:
* 1 is an arbitrary number, extra data to throw you off :devil:
* two of the numbers I often use together in guessing games on here, several time I have mentioned how I come to that number
* yes, 92258 is part of my username, but it is part of username in several places because of it's meaning to me, so saying it's my username won't count :tongue: hint: check the "meaning of username" thread :wink:

I'll be entirely impressed if anyone gets all the numbers correct, but then I'm not basing this on who gets all of them right, but rather who gets the most right the fastest. It may just end up the first one to throw up a guess. This is my first time trying this, so please be patient. I will send my list of answers to a mod so you know I won't cheat. This is supposed to be fun, I'm trying to be nice, so please don't hunt me down if you don't win. I plan to post a pic and final details of the package in a couple of days,so bear with me.

Just for fun (and probably all wrong) but i'll tackle this.

-1 Years you have been a member here

-3 passes you take with a razor

-29 Going to guess that's your age

-1997 gussing either the year you got married, or the birthdate of a child

- 92258 ZIP code, either for your current residence or for a childhood/college residence.

Just for fun (and probably all wrong) but i'll tackle this.

-1 Years you have been a member here

-3 passes you take with a razor

-29 Going to guess that's your age

-1997 gussing either the year you got married, or the birthdate of a child

- 92258 ZIP code, either for your current residence or for a childhood/college residence.

Wow, all those are the same as I thought except the 3. My first thought is that it had to do with Dale Earnhardt for some reason.

good guesses so far, some are quite close, but the prize will only go to a newbie with no equipment...I'll be judging by post count and time of membership, while not exact it can be a good gauge. Keep 'em coming!

Congrats on 2000 Jim. I'm on the wife's laptop so you'll have to check the Anything thread tomorrow for your booty shake. I find your posts to be entertaining and enjoyable and anything but "less than minimal". Here's to looking forward to another 2000.

btw this game is way too hard :biggrin:.

Jim congrats on the 2000 from the Bunny. Hope you get a lot more. That offer to a newbie shows the type of gentleman you are... or at least that you are here.:biggrin:

Fuzzy

thanks everybody!!!
is the contest too hard?
I'll tell you what, I'll simplify it:

"1" is the arbitrary number, that was tricky because I said
* 1 is an arbitrary number, extra data to throw you off :devil:
but it could also mean (almost) how long I've been a member
1997 I'll also drop, 'twas when I met my bride, but I mentioned that a long time ago and can't even find the post myself :blushing:

so, 3, 29, and 92258

don't give up, they've all been mentioned recently, and one is in a thread that's recently been revived...page 7

Uh Uh...can I make a guess at it....:wink:....:biggrin:

Oh that's right, I have the answers sealed in a jar buried in my backyard....

50.00 for the jar...anyone???...:biggrin:

Top Bottom