What's new

.22 trap. Anyone? Not that kind of trap

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Now I have another question - How do you dispose of the lead fragments that build up inside the trap?

Most local landfills or waste management programs have a hazardous waste drop-off for batteries,motor oil, hazardous chemicals and other stuff that you wouldn't want in the regular trash. Can't see why they wouldn't take lead.

Yeah, I only use that plywood backstop inside the house with my pellet rifle. The wife would probably crap down my neck if she smelled gunpowder inside. :)

Rightly so, as virtually all priming compounds are lead base. No one should want lead dust covering everything in their house.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Maybe I can dump it into a 5 gallon bucket with a lid and then take it to the hazardous waste area at the dump when it gets full? Or to heavy to move.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I shot 10 rounds at it. Including some CCI quiet rounds. You can definitely hear a difference in the regular stuff over the quiet stuff. It's to bad the quiet stuff won't cycle properly because I'd rather shoot that.

I put a piece of cardboard up as a target. I noticed a little shrapnel rattling around in the cardboard. The trap did it's job though!

Nice looking Trap . I build one out of a 1960's commercial electrical box. I framed it with one by 4's filled it with some Fort Worth phone books and it worked great!

Now I have another question - How do you dispose of the lead fragments that build up inside the trap?
In the past you were looking into reloading. Maybe this will be your motivation to start bullet casting?
Maybe I can dump it into a 5 gallon bucket with a lid and then take it to the hazardous waste area at the dump when it gets full? Or to heavy to move.
A 5 gallon bucket of lead is going to be mighty hefty. You probably wouldn't want to landfill the lead. That being said there is probably some provision for household hazardous waste such as batteries. You might even be able to find a scrap metal dealer that will buy the stuff from you.

Top Bottom