What's new

2020 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Those Daring Men with their Jaunty Razors & Jalopies

Car 57 1939 Fiat 1500 B reporting in.

Today, I bought my one exception. This was the New Fatip Slant. I chose the Fatip Lo Storto Original. That means the Open Comb not the Solid Bar. It feels real good to have made this purchase! Oh, and I'm still in! :w00t: :punk:

Pls share your thoughts when you have had some shaves with the new fellow...

Still in. SOTD - 09 MAR 2020

SOTD 03092020.jpg

Brush - Craving Shaving Gaia
Soap - Proraso Green
Razor - Merkur 45 bakelite
Blade - Personna lab blue (3)
Post-shave - Thayer's WH Rose

SOTD (# 53/2020)
10-03-2020

20200308_141914-01.jpeg

Preshave: Proraso White pre-shave cream
Brush: Semogue 830 (Boar)
Soap: Wholly Kaw ~ Fougere Bouquet (sample)
Razor: Mühle R41 Grande
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (2)
Postshave: fridig tap water, Extro Cosmesi Vetiver AS, Nivea AS balm.

JAHE - still in

I don't know about you guys, but I'm having some of my best shaves yet! Settling down and using the same gear every day has had a phenomenal impact. I'm really enjoying the sabbatical!

In other news, I've stopped using preshave and alum altogether. I'd tried to stop using them a while back and it did not go well... I'm guessing that my extended experience with the same gear has improved my technique to the point that I no longer need them - another positive, since I was running out of preshave anyhow...

There are many different products that can be used as preshave including oils, Noxema, Cremo, rubbing soap pucks
& sticks. I think the term ‘preshave’ is just another word for more product.

Good point! I have actually been using Noxzema for some time now (since my Proraso white ran out). It works great, but I just don't find that I don't personally need it anymore.

Image yourself driving down the road wearing a BBS shave from a new Slant razor. That is what dreams are all about, enjoying the drive with the new shave gear by your side [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

Ahhhh! Good to see you back in the Dark Side saddle. :)

Stan - Still In

Hi,

Ahhhh! Good to see you back in the Dark Side saddle. :)

Stan - Still In

Did you really think I could stay away forever?

These newbies are stronger than they used to be. Then again it is still young in the year and I know some will get that new precious razor, soap, or AS [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

proxy.php

Found a good deal on a Timeless .68 scalloped OC. Resisting.pretty good lol.of course I am trying to buy a house so that helps.

Last edited:
it's tempting, but would prefer a Blackland Sabre polished lol. Still in

I used my Sabre L2 yesterday—a tremendous shave. I used my favorite razor today: a Charcoal Goods Level 3 first generation brass open comb. I was reminded why this is my favorite razor. Notwithstanding the marvelous shave yesterday, today’s was even better. I’m not giving up my Sabre, however! Still in.

Tell us a story, @Pepin!

[emoji433] :laugh:

I’m not Pepin, but I have a story

One day there was a young shaving Jedi. He heard about some product that sounded amazing. He decided to take out his x wing fighter and went to check it out on eBay. While on eBay he came across a Holy Grail item. When he saw that item for quite a bit less, he traded in his Jedi lightsaber for his Darth Vader mask. As this Vader goes out, He wants others to experience his freedom to go buy shaving gear at anytime.

Vader has the best vintage vehicle (He has multiple Death Stars)

Top Bottom