What's new

2019 MLB Playoffs

Springer Dinger! He crushed that!

“Hudson deals…and Springer swings and crushes one towards South America. Soto will need a visa to catch this one, it is out of here and there is nothing left but a vapor trail.”

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Wasn’t that a beauty?
Tuesday back in Houston!!
I missed the game, was busy all night. I really thought the Nats would sweep after the first 2 games, now ...... who knows? You gotta think the Astro's now.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Is it possible for Verlander to go 0-6 in the World Series?
It seems like his teammates forget to hit when he pitches.
We don’t need a game 7.
The seats in the section where Nolan Ryan sits are going for $27,000.00 each.
Gonna keep watching from home.
May not be able to afford a game next season either the way ticket prices have sky rocketed!!

I rarely venture outside of the straights forum anymore, but I'm glad to have seen this thread pop up! I live on the north side of Houston. Without pretense, I was afraid we might get swept after watching the game 2 beatdown. I couldn't be more pleased with the last 3 games though! Both the Astros and the Nats looked like completely different teams when playing at home!

I rarely venture outside of the straights forum anymore, but I'm glad to have seen this thread pop up! I live on the north side of Houston. Without pretense, I was afraid we might get swept after watching the game 2 beatdown. I couldn't be more pleased with the last 3 games though! Both the Astros and the Nats looked like completely different teams when playing at home!
Great! I grew up in the Spring-Klein area! As for the game, looking back on the first 2 games, the “Good Guys” as they were know during the Killer B’s era, had a bad 5th inning in game 1, and out-hit the Nats. The wheels fell-off in the 7th of game 2, but game 2 was an outright mess. Look at the hitting:
Game 1 HOU 10 WAS 9
Game 2 HOU 9 WAS 14
Game 3 HOU 11 WAS 9
Game 4 HOU 13 WAS 4
Game 5 HOU 10 WAS 4

I want to think HOU went into the WS without being as focused as they needed. They weren’t playing the same way they played to get them here.
*Springer not running hard in game 1.
*Altuve being thrown out at 3rd in game 2.
*Not hitting for contact, but trying to go yard and be “The Guy”.

Cole got hit last night, but weathered through it. He pitched. Urquidy pitched. Greinke pitched. It looked to me like they stopped trying to win the inning, and started to focus on winning each pitch.

Verlander knows how to pitch, but so does Strasburg. Game 6 should be a treat to baseball fans. It’s gonna be a heartbreaker for one team and ecstasy for the other. I’m thinking Houston will wrap this series up Tuesday night.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Is it possible for Verlander to go 0-6 in the World Series?
It seems like his teammates forget to hit when he pitches.
We don’t need a game 7.
The seats in the section where Nolan Ryan sits are going for $27,000.00 each.
Gonna keep watching from home.
May not be able to afford a game next season either the way ticket prices have sky rocketed!!
Lol, his teammates forgot to hit when he was in Detroit! Rough one tonight.

Good luck, Astro fans. Zack was the most inconsistent pitcher when he was with the Diamondbacks.

My wife thinks the Astros blew game six to get more money if they win game 7! :facep:

Question for all you baseball fans. Am I the only person who wished they would dump Joe Buck? His endless comments about statistics his people feed him drives me nuts.

Yes, Joe Buck sucks.

I think A.J. made a strategic mistake last night out of sentimentality for Verlander. He left him in the game to pitch the fifth inning (to get credit for a win) despite JV's growing lack of pitch control in the fourth. He was still throwing gas but had a hard time locating his pitches on the edges of the strike zone. The Nats surely noticed this and simply waited for his fastball/slider over the plate when he again fell behind in the count. Result: two dingers, an 0-6 career record in the series and a game 7.

You can argue that Peacock may or may not have been able to put down the top of the Nats order in the fifth without giving up a run but I believe it was more likely than not (given his performance) that JV would implode. I understand that "you gotta dance with those that brung ya" but it was the potential clinching game for the title. Besides, the bullpen brung ya, too.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Question for all you baseball fans. Am I the only person who wished they would dump Joe Buck? His endless comments about statistics his people feed him drives me nuts.

I’ve heard multiple baseball fans say the same things bout Joe. But if it wasn’t Joe it would be someone else reading the endless stats. I think the stat keepers are the real pros. ”Scherzer has touched his hat 789 times this season, leading the MLB in hat touches”. “Bergman has ate 300 bags of sunflower seeds over his career. But he still ranks 2nd behind Micky Mantle with 469 bags”. Some of the stats they track are so dumb! But they do it anyway!

Does Joe do the Super Bowl too?

Go Nationals!

Top Bottom