What's new

2019 MLB Playoffs

Yes I agree with all the old time ways to produce runs. Pitchers took pride in their ability to put a bunt down. Base stealing has become a lost art. Other than Trey Turner running. But hey, I'm an old baseball fan ( 65 ) an its hard to watch but I still love it. Although painful.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yes I agree with all the old time ways to produce runs. Pitchers took pride in their ability to put a bunt down. Base stealing has become a lost art. Other than Trey Turner running. But hey, I'm an old baseball fan ( 65 ) an its hard to watch but I still love it. Although painful.
Do any 3rd base coaches even give the batters signs anymore? Remember when a guy on second would try to figure out the catcher's signs?

Yes, the game has changed. The spit ball is lost forever.

"Inflate Gate" would have been laughed at when we were kids. We ALWAYS were working an angle when I was a kid. There was honor in being a good thief back then!

Weaver preached his prescription for winning: “pitching and three-run homers.” He explained, “Pitching keeps you in the games. Home runs win the game.” That formula developed with experience; in his first seasons with the Orioles he called for more sacrifice bunts than the average AL manager, but he came to believe that “your most precious possessions on offense are your 27 outs,” and “if you play for one run, that’s all you’ll get.”

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Weaver preached his prescription for winning: “pitching and three-run homers.” He explained, “Pitching keeps you in the games. Home runs win the game.” That formula developed with experience; in his first seasons with the Orioles he called for more sacrifice bunts than the average AL manager, but he came to believe that “your most precious possessions on offense are your 27 outs,” and “if you play for one run, that’s all you’ll get.”
Earl Weaver? He was almost as fun as Sparky Anderson! Managers need to argue more, they sure would make the games less boring, as I'm sure they'll never speed up the game anyway.

Top Bottom