What's new

2019 MLB Playoffs

Great game!! Two teams that share the same spring training facility meeting in the world series. Very odd or rare that happen.

Aroldis Chapman.jpg

Chapman and Osuna cross paths in the middle of the ninth inning of Game 6.
Aroldis Chapman: "Roberto, I know it's rough, but sometimes it's just out of your control. Hang in there."
Roberto Osuna: "Thanks, that means a lot."
Aroldis Chapman: "Hold my beer, let me show you how it's done."
Roberto Osuna: "Here you go."

Last edited:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
That 9th inning of the Astros-Yankees game was a killer. Ironically, the wife had on the movie Moneyball right before the game. The ending of the movie was pretty much the ending of the Yankees-Astros game.

Astros vs. Nationals this year. I'm in.

Last edited:

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Guys!!
I can’t do it!!!
I just cannot pay $1,500-2,000 for seats for which I normally pay $50-83. It does not compute.
I can’t. Mom and dad did not raise me like that. I’ll stay at home and watch it.
I was going to pay $4,000 for tickets that I normally pay less than $200 for, Miss 2 days of work, plus meals, a hotel, and gas. $5,000 minimum????
I am not wired that way. I grew up with no air con and an outhouse.
I’ll enjoy the game from home.

Right. I was too slow to checkout and lost SRO tickets, which would have cost a cool $1k for my family of 4. 30 minutes later they were on stubhub for 2x that amount. For Standing Room Only... Give me $200 and I can through a decent party.
It’s expensive.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Guys!!
I can’t do it!!!
I just cannot pay $1,500-2,000 for seats for which I normally pay $50-83. It does not compute.
I can’t. Mom and dad did not raise me like that. I’ll stay at home and watch it.
I was going to pay $4,000 for tickets that I normally pay less than $200 for, Miss 2 days of work, plus meals, a hotel, and gas. $5,000 minimum????
I am not wired that way. I grew up with no air con and an outhouse.
I’ll enjoy the game from home.
You were raised right.

The cost of tickets at these games becomes outrageous. In 2008 we attended many of the Tampa Bay Rays games. We entered the lottery to get tickets and purchased tickets to two ALCS games at $300 each. As soon as the Rays entered the World Series ads appeared by scalpers offering to buy tickets. They then marked up the tickets by over 500%.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The cost of tickets at these games becomes outrageous. In 2008 we attended many of the Tampa Bay Rays games. We entered the lottery to get tickets and purchased tickets to two ALCS games at $300 each. As soon as the Rays entered the World Series ads appeared by scalpers offering to buy tickets. They then marked up the tickets by over 500%.
The Tigers did that in '06. Kinda sad, and I know that they are just getting every nickel they can. But it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
75” flat panel, unlimited tequila and cranberry juice, no line hall restroom, replay, no obstructed views, and at least an extra 4K in my checking account.
I made the correct decision.
Here we go!!

Nationals sure like to score late in the game...

I thought Verlander pitched well into the 7th but Suzuki has his number. Everything went downhill after they intentionally walked Soto (Dodgers pulled the same s*** before lol) which brought Kendrick to the plate. It was deja vu all over again.

The Nats are that good. Swept my Cardinals playing the same excellent baseball they are now displaying against the Astros. The Nets are the best 2 out run scoring team this year and that crushes the opposing team, especially in late innings.

The Astros played a game that was uncharacteristically a mess. Altuve out at 3rd with one out. That would have put them up instead of tied. This would have shifted the pressure onto the Nats. I'd like to see them to get back to playing the way they played to get to the WS.
Hungry and humble brings out the best.

Top Bottom