What's new

2019 MLB Playoffs

Looks like the NL playoff qualifying teams are all set and this weekend's play will determine the AL wild cards.

Another chance for the 'Stros to go all the way. Starting pitching looks good despite Wade Miley's September melt down and the offense is much improved over last year's team. I hope Correa's nagging back injury doesn't keep him out of the line up.

proxy.php

Can't wait for October 1!!

I've been ready since October 18...but then again I was also hoping the Red Sox would be around to offer up a pound of flesh. Seems all they have left is bone and left-over sinew.

Twins fan here and while I'm excited we won the division and set some league records, I fear we will probably lose to the Yankees (again) in our quest to advance in the playoffs. They have our number! :crying::sad:

Nationals have done much better than I expected. Let's see if they advance in the playoffs.

I've not watched much baseball since pulling the plug on my cable. Fox will carry some games. That's the only station I get. Local radio coverage doesn't extend to the Washington Nationals anymore. And even though Norfolk has the Baltimore Orioles minor league, only some of the games are on the radio. Playoffs though, I should hear some.

It’s been a decade, time for The Yankees to rise again...the path to #28 begins Friday! Let’s go Yankees!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
My wife and i have decided that we will attend Game 1 of The World Series in Houston.
Hopefully the Astros will cooperate.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Twins fan here and while I'm excited we won the division and set some league records, I fear we will probably lose to the Yankees (again) in our quest to advance in the playoffs. They have our number! :crying::sad:
The Twins did pull it off a couple times in the past, but these days the only professional teams from MN that can go the distance are the women's teams it seems. At least the Twins have a couple titles, can't say as much for the Vikes.

The Twins did pull it off a couple times in the past, but these days the only professional teams from MN that can go the distance are the women's teams it seems. At least the Twins have a couple titles, can't say as much for the Vikes.
Hey, they made it to 4 Super Bowls...and 3 in 4 years. They seem to always be in the NFC championship game too.

The Twins are already out which is pretty much what I expected. It's a shame because we had a great year. The Yankees own us for whatever reason. I was hoping we could have taken at least one game in the series but it was not to be. I think the Twins '87 and '91 World Series wins were among the very best series ever played. In '87, I wouldn't have bet other people's money that we had a chance of taking it. That's what made that series even more exciting. (+ it was our first)

Being a Vikings fan you really develop a "gut-punch" mentality because we've been let down so many times with some great teams. You never want to get too excited for fear of getting your heart broken one more time. I think even if we totally dominated and went undefeated in a season there would still be a lot of fans holding back for fear of what might happen in the playoffs. I don't think the grossly over-paid, inconsistently/under-performing QB Kirk Cousins is the answer the Vikes were looking for so my hopes for this season are very guarded. I wouldn't be shocked to see them go 9-7 though I'm hoping for much better. We already have 2 division losses in as many division games.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Hey, they made it to 4 Super Bowls...and 3 in 4 years. They seem to always be in the NFC championship game too.
Yes, but after that many times and never winning the superbowl and getting knocked out in the championship so many times, it gets OLD. I'm not a fair weather fan, but come on, I've given them half a century to win the big one. Could be worse, my dad's given them 3/4 of a century.

I think even if we totally dominated and went undefeated in a season there would still be a lot of fans holding back for fear of what might happen in the playoffs.
You got that right.

Yesterday was an ugly loss for the 'Stros all around. Getting a little nervous about their offensive output despite the proclamations in the sports media that this season's offense may be the best in history.

The outfield of Springer, Brantley, Tucker and Reddick are a combined 2 for 30 over the first three games with both hits coming from Brantley. Not a good time to be starting a hitting slump. 0 for 13 is not what you want to see from your lead off hitter (Springer) and 2 for 12 (Brantley) is an equally disappointing performance from the third spot.

Verlander and Cole can bring the heat, but they can't drive in runs from the pitcher's mound. C'mon guys!

Yesterday was an ugly loss for the 'Stros all around. Getting a little nervous about their offensive output despite the proclamations in the sports media that this season's offense may be the best in history.

The outfield of Springer, Brantley, Tucker and Reddick are a combined 2 for 30 over the first three games with both hits coming from Brantley. Not a good time to be starting a hitting slump. 0 for 13 is not what you want to see from your lead off hitter (Springer) and 2 for 12 (Brantley) is an equally disappointing performance from the third spot.

Verlander and Cole can bring the heat, but they can't drive in runs from the pitcher's mound. C'mon guys!

You got Zach from the Diamondbacks and our experience with him was that when he was somewhat inconsistent. There were many games when he was tagged early in the game.

Top Bottom