What's new

2017 Shave Purchase Sabbatical , The Year of the Walking Dead

It's like that saying "I don't have to out run that bear - I have to out run *you*"

Throw temptation elsewhere to keep me safe.

If my DAD is not cured by this restraint, it is at least in remission. I gave away a couple of superspeeds and had an EJ that broke. I passed up a chance to buy a nice Slim. Still have more than a dozen razors and enough blades to get me throughout the next five years. At the end of the year I plan to order Proraso Red and Arko that I have missed since running out early in the year. Will pick up single edge blades for a 1912 Gem that my son gave me. Not in for 2018 but I may be back.

Ruckin is still in as well. I am trying to decide if there is anything I want to get during the 2018 restock. Apathy is beginning to kick in and the only thing I might need is a tube of nivea (or similar) preshave. But if I run out I will use the bar of soap already sitting on the sink.

Ruckin.

I think I can survive into the 2018 restraint without anything at all. I have a couple of full tubs of soap and more than enough blades.

If fact, I think I might purge my extra razors to get down to my minimum. I know my favorite razor (37C) and I’d like one in a better material, but I’m not going to spend money trying to figure out which slant feels the same to me.

From one of the Dead, to mis-quote Dickens, "At this festive season of the year, it is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision for the Restrained and Purchase-deprived Shavers, who suffer greatly at the present time." Sales!!!

Just kidding. My hat is off to the Living. Only 5 more days (Eastern US) until you successfully completed the Restraint! Good Luck and Best Wishes you all, and the same for the New Year coming! I hope to see you all in 2018, fighting the Red Baron along with Snoopy, myself, and many others!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
As i get my purchase list ready for January 1st I have had a couple slip ups where i almost purchased something!

Someone point me to the 2018 Sabbatical I changed my mind and decided to get for the double hat trick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,

Yes! Join us! I jumped a week early and changed my avatar for the new theme. Two weeks early if you count my Free Week before I technically start. But, I plan on flying straight thru this time around. :)

Stan - Still In

#28 still standing and don't see that changing in the next 2 days.
The only change I should report is the decision to skip 2018 sabbatical since I believe it will be a good year to buy stainless razors. First orders will be placed on Jan 02, 2018.
Happy New Year, 2018, to all!

Top Bottom