What's new

2015 Nib Purchase Sabbatical, The Year of the Jedi

I had forgotten that the weekly planner I use every year actually come out in July, and sometimes sell out by November or so... since that won't count as a notebook, and it's price is higher than the price allowed for that exception as well, I guess I'll be out as soon as I order mine for next year. lol

I think that would qualify as paper so you'd still be in.

Maybe... I am going to pick up the planner for sure, no maybe about it. I've used the same one for several years now, and it's been a tremendous item in helping me get and stay organized. I'll let the general consensus decide if it knocks me out or not. lol

Well gents, after 8 and a half months, I must say.......

I'm Out

I received a "Mastering Copperplate Calligraphy" book for my birthday last month and have been eyeing off some dip pens since.

Broke down recently and ordered them :crying:

Received the following today;

• A dozen Blanzy-Poure 2552 Flexy Departmentale Nibs
  • A dozen Blanzy-Poure 605 Flexy Superieure Nibs
  • A dozen Waverley Monoline Nibs
  • Hand Turned Nib Holder
  • Tachikawa short Nib Holder
  • SL1990 Nib Holder
  • Medium Meiho pencil case
  • 3 chrome pencil holders

$IMG_0415.JPG

I also have 2 speedball oblique nib holders arriving next week.

At least I didn't go out with a single item I suppose :001_smile

Am happy to have lasted as long as I had, perhaps I will have more luck next year......

Well Andy, that is quite a run. I'm officially calling myself out as well. The new job showed me a need for some new notebooks (there's no office supplies cabinet here), so I ordered my planner notebook for next year, several spiral bound ones for general desk use and training notes, and a meeting notebook to cover the weekly meeting thing we do here. I envy you that you got to drop out on a fun hobby materials aspect. lol

Well Andy, that is quite a run. I'm officially calling myself out as well. The new job showed me a need for some new notebooks (there's no office supplies cabinet here), so I ordered my planner notebook for next year, several spiral bound ones for general desk use and training notes, and a meeting notebook to cover the weekly meeting thing we do here. I envy you that you got to drop out on a fun hobby materials aspect. lol

Dustin, looks like that is all work related purchases, so it would be exempt for the sabbatical, yes?

Dustin, looks like that is all work related purchases, so it would be exempt for the sabbatical, yes?

Well, no exceptions were made in the rules for work items, the 2016 daily planner wasn't a work item, I just didn't want to risk them running out like they did a couple years ago before I got mine, and I did add on at least one notebook for work that wile it is for work, it was a bit of a splurge purchase (notebook designed just to take meetings notes in). So in the end, I can't justify calling myself still in with a clean conscience. :)

Well, no exceptions were made in the rules for work items, the 2016 daily planner wasn't a work item, I just didn't want to risk them running out like they did a couple years ago before I got mine, and I did add on at least one notebook for work that wile it is for work, it was a bit of a splurge purchase (notebook designed just to take meetings notes in). So in the end, I can't justify calling myself still in with a clean conscience. :)

Fair enough, that has always been my guide too.

Still, over 8 months is pretty good, in my book :thumbsup:

That's probably about it.

Is there anyone left from this year that is still in?
Dude, im still in, but so looking forward to jan1st. Been on this sabbatical thing for 2 years for shaving and this year for nibbing...that's enough for me.

Dude, im still in, but so looking forward to jan1st. Been on this sabbatical thing for 2 years for shaving and this year for nibbing...that's enough for me.

I will try a Nib sabbatical next year, I think.

As for shaving sabbatical, I am down to the point now where I could be on perpetual sabbatical if I planned things appropriately.

Top Bottom